Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Happy Tday, will be back Tuesday, Super Sale on my new Sub coming!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:02 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Happy Tday, will be back Tuesday, Super Sale on my new Sub coming!

I am shutting down tonight to take a load of house stuff to my daughter in AZ, just bought her first house, help fix a few things while there, etc, and will be back late Monday.

When I get back I am going to post up a killer deal on our new ultra low weight, super high quality, C6 sub system, ready to install, optional mini amps, and my whole systems of course are always available.

Thanks and have a great holiday
Rick

If you need to get in touch I will have internet at least part of the time, rick@raamaudio.com
Emergencies, cell number, 801-452-5858
Old 11-22-2011, 11:16 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Looking forward to the deal. Hopefully I haven't maxed out my credit card by then. Have a safe trip. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks, finishing loading up, heading out shortly, the price will be $449 shipped, a bit less for you if you pick it up locally.

---------------------------

RAAMaudio C6 Vette ultra low weight, superb sound quality, sub system, with Arc Audio 10" sub, carpeted, ready to install. $449 shipped.

Available with the new Black Series sub, the regular Arc 10 is better than most subs on the market, the Black is a super premium, no holds bar sub for those wanting the very very best, and can live with an added 8lbs over the regular series.

Sub system with Arc Audio Amp, call or email for quote.

Full C5 or C6 (or any other Vette) audio package, RAAMaudio deadening, install products, etc.....call or email for a quote.

All systems carry full manf warranties as I am OEM licensed for my Vette audio packages.

I will post a more complete listing, pics, etc when I return, thanks
Rick
801-829-4997
801-452-5858 cell
Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

hmmm.....

How much for the enclosure with a 2+2 Black 10 installed
Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 AM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

i am very satisfied with my box and arc audio d4 sub. sounds great and can really pound! all i have to do now is secure the box to the storage cubby.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:02 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

kedar: does the box move a lot while the car is in motion? I thought the weight of the unit alone would make it stay put in the cubby.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:55 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 427Z0SX
kedar: does the box move a lot while the car is in motion? I thought the weight of the unit alone would make it stay put in the cubby.
i have never looked at the sub while driving.

the box is not heavy and is stable and secure in the cubby. it does not jiggle within the cubby.

with that said, i am concerned about objects becoming projectiles in the event of a collision... there is a flying turkey thread floating around in the c6 general section. i also want the box to sit a little lower to get more clearance with a stored roof. roof fits, but woofer sits close to roof. you will notice that I have a Weathertech cargo matt (love it!) but i had to cut a rectangle to fit the box.

nice alternatives to the stealthbox have been slow to come to market, but the wait for Rick's solution has
been worthwhile. i prefer the shape of this box to all of the competition. Its not too large and not to small. this box also appears to offer better storage room in the hatch by not dominating as much floor space.

Last edited by kedar; 11-24-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar and add detail
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I just got back in town late last night, in AZ helping my daughter get her house she just bought in order, fixer upper, some electrical, plumbing, security issues I took care of for her, why I have not responded until now.

I have been given word that it cannot get out of the cubby with the hatch closed but now I have reconsidered, even if so in an accident it could get loose.

We did work on a tab on the side that would fasten to a stock stud but it just did not look very good.

Next was drilling through the bottom forward, inboard, corner and using a bolt, fender washers and nylock nut. To me that is the best solution but some just do not want to drill a hole in the car (silicone sealer would be used to ensure no water gets in there of course).

I am willing to do whatever it takes to make this secure, that you feel secure, I understand and appreciated the safety concerns so your feedback is very important to me. Let me know what you would like and I will work it out and send the parts or pay for them if you wish to buy them locally.

Once I can get a coupe here I will do more work on a none drilling solution but the problem in Utah is most Vettes are bone stock, the owners are not much into mods(I have seen a few with what I would almost consider ricer mods though, ouch!)

I love my vert except there is no roll bar I can buy I would feel safe running at the track(HPDE and TT) and the sub for the coupe does not fit so doing some of this takes more time than I wish it did.

Sincerely
Rick
801-829-4997
Old 11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Just a thought, Rick -

In Formula One and other forms of racing, they attach short cable tethers to parts of the car that tend to disintegrate and fly away with tremendous energy during a serious crash - like wheels & suspension arms. Movement of the dislodged parts is contained by the tethers to keep them somewhat under control and out of spectator areas.

Maybe you could locate a strong, existing anchoring point at the rear of the car (somewhere on the chassis near the tail lights, for example) to attach a short cable tether. Then, attach the other end to a strong part of the structure of the sub box.

You could leave enough slack in the cable to allow some normal movement to access the connections and for easy removal of the box itself - it doesn't need to be tight. The tether's only purpose is to limit the box's movement during a severe accident.

If you're lucky, the entire rig may end up being completely hidden behind the box, and it wouldn't cost much to install.

That may at least be worth investigating the next time you have a coupe in your shop....

Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CrystalRacer
Just a thought, Rick -

In Formula One and other forms of racing, they attach short cable tethers to parts of the car that tend to disintegrate and fly away with tremendous energy during a serious crash - like wheels & suspension arms. Movement of the dislodged parts is contained by the tethers to keep them somewhat under control and out of spectator areas.

Maybe you could locate a strong, existing anchoring point at the rear of the car (somewhere on the chassis near the tail lights, for example) to attach a short cable tether. Then, attach the other end to a strong part of the structure of the sub box.

You could leave enough slack in the cable to allow some normal movement to access the connections and for easy removal of the box itself - it doesn't need to be tight. The tether's only purpose is to limit the box's movement during a severe accident.

If you're lucky, the entire rig may end up being completely hidden behind the box, and it wouldn't cost much to install.

That may at least be worth investigating the next time you have a coupe in your shop....

Sounds a lot like how I attached my current box
Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Rick, I'm interested in this box/sub setup so maybe we can arrange something and you can use my Z06 for test fitting?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Let me know when you can come out buddy

I have 5 units here ready to be carpeted, sub installed, ship, etc and many more at the manf waiting to ship to me. I just need to see if I can work out a alternative to drilling through the bottom of the unit and through the bottom of the cubby hole. That method works very well but some just do not want to do it which I can understand.

During the original prototype stage we worked on a tab solution on the upper part of the unit, no drilling required. I had to switch to a different manf and they determined method was unsuitable but I can tell pretty easily with a car here and dropping in an carpeted unit if I can make one work which I would love to do!

Thanks, come out as soon as you can, get a break on buying a system for helping me out, etc....

Rick
801-829-4997
801-452-5858 cell
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I can look at a tether method as well but with this design it would have to be exposed.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Funkybird
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may have to get in on this, how long is the sale gonna last? where are you in utah? I live in layton.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Come on out to Morgan and get a sub system, call first though, super busy here catching up on the holiday time off backlog

Not sure on how long I will offer the sale price, been to busy to think about it actually, I could use a clone or two, most of the time!

I have Arc Audio KS Mini amps in stock, more on order, my package deals are hard to beat, full warranties apply,etc.........

Thanks
Rick
801-829-4997
801-452-5858 cell
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Funkybird
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I will. Do you have any systems in your shop I could see or hear?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

My car is parked for the winter, redoing some of the system, Arc Black series speakers, new amp mount design in progress, working on the Vert sub enclosure, as I have time to get to all this so unfortunately nothing running right now but I can show what it all looks like at least

Thanks,
Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Happy Tday, will be back Tuesday, Super Sale on my new Sub coming!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Rick I'll see if I can head up this weekend if it's ok with you? I have drill so it might be later in the day. It'll depend when we get secured.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:52 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

How much for a Black 10 dual 2ohm in your enclosure shipped to 29860
Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

$589 shipped, for a limited time, a very sweet deal on an absolute world class sub and enclosure

Includes sub,carpeted, ready to drop the sub in. I ship the regular Arc series mounted but I might ship the Black series in its original box, enclosure ready to drop the sub in then drop into the car. It is a pretty stout sub, with enclosure around 27lbs.

I do not stock the D4 but get them quickly when I order them.

I take all cards, PayPal with a verified account, confirmed shipping address, etc.......
PayPal ID is raam@raamaudio.com
Phone 801-829-4997

Thanks
Rick

Quick Reply: Happy Tday, will be back Tuesday, Super Sale on my new Sub coming!