Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Aftermarket nav install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Aftermarket nav install help

First of all i have searched and searched for a good write up with pics or step by step instructions for an aftermarket nav install and I cant seem to find one. I bought a used dnx9960 and ordered the install kit from double d mods. I have the metra dash kit and c2r-gm24 module. I didnt receive the ground straps for some reason and am not sure if I need them. I cant seem to figure out how the metra dash kit mounts to the radio, how the radio is wired to the module or where the rca cables form the module go. I have installed radios in other cars before and never had this much trouble figuring it out. The car has bose and no onstar. If someone can point me in the right direction I will be greatful.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

This thread will help some

Dimmer wire is grey w/black stripe at TC/AH button. For steering wheel controls put 12v on to A6 and connect A7 to SWI device. C6 prints are HERE

I'm not sure what you mean by grounding straps, so you prob don't need them.

Plastic tabs on L shape Metra brackets are left/right ends of radio. If you're looking at front of bracket as it would be in the car the short ends of the L's go from inner part of radio face towards outside edge. You should see the slots they go in to. Once brackets are in place, then you can put radio inside and use screws on L brackets.

Radio RCA outputs plug in to C2R. C2R plugs in to big plug that's connected to car. Connect Red, yellow, black on C2R to same color wires on HU. Connect HU orange dimmer wire to TC/AH button. If rear camera see link above, post #2. Same post for VSS wire.

Dash instructions in Thrash's sticky.

If you get alternator whine you can use GLI's to eliminate it.

You also need an antenna adapter, but it's prob in the kit from DD.

That should cover just about everything
Old 12-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot today
Old 12-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the help, everything woks great.

Last edited by Nate B; 12-23-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket nav install help

Quick Reply: Aftermarket nav install help