Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with back up camera decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM
drich2905
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Help with back up camera decision

Sure could use the help of those who have installed a back up camera to their C6.

I have almost finalized my decision with Dennis and Double D Mods to have Steven install my unit in Alabaster. I will go with the Kenwood 890 but cannot seem to decide on the backup camera.

Dennis and I have discussed a Pyle 24 camera which they evidently install a lot on vettes. We have also talked about a Kenwood CMOS120 which is what Dennis has on his car. There is a $150 difference in the camera so I was hoping you guys could help me with how satisified you are with your camera if you have one of the two units mentioned above.

I have read much better reviews on the CMOS camera than the Pyle 24 but don't want to spend the extra $150 if it is not necessary.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I've seen plenty of the cheaper cameras, even installed a few, for how often it gets used if you can't really afford the better one you'll still be happy with the Pyle.

Quick Reply: Help with back up camera decision