Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine, what could be the problem--help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Playswithcars
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine, what could be the problem--help!!!!!!!

My 12 disc cd changer used to play great. Last week I put in 12 different cds and it started playing ok but had so much static I stopping playing it. I reinstalled the cartridge several times with no help. Checked the harness connection points front and back and they are tight. Could it be the head in the 12 disc? Would the head go bad so quickly? The radio and in-dash cd play great. :sad:
Old 07-11-2002, 11:01 AM
99HT
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine,

First off you need to define "static".

There are no "heads" in a CD changer. You need to isolate the problem. The easiest way is to borrow a changer from a frend and plug it in. If the new changer has the same problem, then it is possibly the cables to the changer or the HU itself.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Playswithcars
Advanced

Default Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine, what could be the problem--help!!!!!!!

The "static" I refer to is similar in sound to radio static caused buy engine ignition and/or plug wires but is does not increase in frequency. I never had any "noise" until I changed the cds in the cartridge.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:33 PM
99HT
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine,

Short of using an oscilloscope to look at the audio signals coming out of the changer, you should just swap changers with a friend.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:18 PM
numtin
Instructor

Default Re: Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine, (99HT)

were these cd's burned, or cd's you bought from the store?

i have the problem with cd's i have burned, i am thinking its my burner.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Playswithcars
Advanced

numtin---They are burned cds but they play perfectly on my other cd players and the cars in-dash cd player.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Playswithcars
Advanced

99HT---If I had access to another unit, I would. Living out in the sticks has its disadvantages. I only wish there were a few more C5s in the area.

Get notified of new replies

To Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine, what could be the problem--help!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Static from 12 disc changer, radio & in-dash cd plays fine, what could be the problem--help!!!!!!!