Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 aftermarket audio confusion.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 AM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 aftermarket audio confusion.

Hey guys, need some clarifications that I want to make sure of.

Kenwood nav HU, Alpine 5 ch amp, alpine components in front and alpine 2 ways in back and soon to be sub in back.

NO ONSTAR OR XM and NO STEERING CONTROLS.

I will be bypassing all factory bose system and removing bose items.

1) Since I have all aftermarket hookups, I don't need the GMOS-04 anymore, correct?

2) by doing this what else did I lose from factory besides the chimes when the drivers door is open?

3) Is there a harness for GM cars that i can use for the connections that i need instead of splicing? (power, ground, acc, remote turn on for amp) I can keep the gmos for those hookups but it is very bulky and takes up a lot of space back there...

4) Is there anything i missed?
Old 02-27-2014, 09:21 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh
Hey guys, need some clarifications that I want to make sure of.

Kenwood nav HU, Alpine 5 ch amp, alpine components in front and alpine 2 ways in back and soon to be sub in back.

NO ONSTAR OR XM and NO STEERING CONTROLS.

I will be bypassing all factory bose system and removing bose items.

1) Since I have all aftermarket hookups, I don't need the GMOS-04 anymore, correct?
NO
I have the new CRUX harness in thats much less in cost.
I dont have them on website yet.
harness
dash kit
antenna adapter

2) by doing this what else did I lose from factory besides the chimes when the drivers door is open?
you will retain chime with harness i mentioned
3) Is there a harness for GM cars that i can use for the connections that i need instead of splicing? (power, ground, acc, remote turn on for amp) I can keep the gmos for those hookups but it is very bulky and takes up a lot of space back there...
look above
4) Is there anything i missed?
Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 AM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

thanks double D! I should have clarified further. I have had the kenwood for a while with the gmos-04 and I am switching over to remove the bose as we speak. Having said that then i guess i would only need the crux harness. I'm actually waiting for the C6 door speaker adapter plates from you, should be here tomorrow. If I don't splice then I will call you and order the crux fairly soon! Thank you!!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:48 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I would keep the GMOS connected for chimes and switched power.

If you don't want to use the GMOS you can get a C2R-GM24 for chimes and RAP or just the CM-1 for chimes if you don't mind 'normal' switched power.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by markcz
I would keep the GMOS connected for chimes and switched power.

If you don't want to use the GMOS you can get a C2R-GM24 for chimes and RAP or just the CM-1 for chimes if you don't mind 'normal' switched power.
New Crux Harness as an option to using the C2RGM24..
This Crux SOCGM-17 is 39.99 and works great for no onstar options.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:24 AM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

So far I have the amp running just the back 5 1/4's (with the gmos-04) and what a difference. When I'm ready to put the fronts in I think I'm going to get the crux just because the gmos and the relay that you have to use is too bulky and too much behind the radio...
Old 05-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Reggie2006
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
New Crux Harness as an option to using the C2RGM24..
This Crux SOCGM-17 is 39.99 and works great for no onstar options.

I just installed a new stereo receiver (Sony XAV-AX100) with the SOCGM-17C. All the actions that used to have beeps (locking/unlocking the door and toggling the driver information console, etc.) now chime. Is this normal? I had the installation done by a local car audio shop and was wondering if I should go back to have them look at it.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Jmelz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie2006
I just installed a new stereo receiver (Sony XAV-AX100) with the SOCGM-17C. All the actions that used to have beeps (locking/unlocking the door and toggling the driver information console, etc.) now chime. Is this normal? I had the installation done by a local car audio shop and was wondering if I should go back to have them look at it.
I believe this is normal... The Crux unit seems to only chime a single tone. The number of chimes seems to be what varies based on the situation (door open, locking etc).

Get notified of new replies

To C6 aftermarket audio confusion.

Quick Reply: C6 aftermarket audio confusion.