Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Din 1.5 stereo for a C5

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 06:10 PM
RCswish
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5 (tacblu)

Did you bother to look at the specs for it? Are you so hung up on Alpine that nother else is even worth considering?
Ummmm...Yup. You just about said it.
No..actually Kenwood is also good. Me and Wicked were laughing about this unit one night and thought it would be funny to post it here. We were concerned that we would get flamed for being dumbasses. I never thought we would get flamed for not giving the deck a chance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well guys, call me naive if you will, but what exactly is wrong with this particular unit? Have any of you even bothered to check it out before deciding it's not a worthwhile unit?
Sometimes common sense and experience take presidence over giving everything a trial. I've never looked into a Kia car...I dont know the stats...never took a test drive....I dont know anyone who owns one....but I'll tell you what, I'm not buying one. Call me naive, but I have a Corvette and an Alpine.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:13 AM
tacblu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5 (RCswish)

What a waste of my time.............and yours.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:13 AM
tito
Racer

Default Re: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5 (tacblu)

i think that was the "Super Computer" they used for the movie "Tron"
Old 09-28-2002, 01:04 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5 (Wicked C5)

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...3bdabcc8be554/
Here's your 1.5 din Alpine. Personally I hate 1.5 radios. I have repeated almost weekly, they cost more for the features you get, look Fisher Price with big buttons and displays, and are very hard to move from car to car or sell later so you loose the value of the radio when you loose the car. I'd much rather have a din in a kit. Also, if you are serious about going to a new radio, if you have a BOSE system, remember you will need to get speakers also.
The last problem with the radio here is that I would put good money down betting that you get all kinds of engine noise and whine from a cheap noname brand. Our cars have bad grounding and are very susceptable to radio noise. That is why corvette owners usually need to get better radios. :rolleyes:
Old 09-28-2002, 01:59 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Default Re: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5 (92TripleBlack)

The last problem with the radio here is that I would put good money down betting that you get all kinds of engine noise and whine from a cheap noname brand. Our cars have bad grounding and are very susceptable to radio noise. That is why corvette owners usually need to get better radios. :rolleyes:
Don't diss the awsome power of this Walmart Radio. The Walmart Smilie will come in and take your VETTE :yesnod: and drive it off a bridge :reddevil
Old 09-28-2002, 02:05 AM
Dokken
Advanced

Default Re: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5 (Wicked C5)

Please allow me to chime in. There is purpose and diminishing return.

The Wal-Mart radio is attractive because it's cheap and will serve your pupose. I went Alpine due to experience.

Unfortunately, buyer beware as tripleblack92 pointed out.

I would have to look at the car, mileage and condition to see which radio would serve as an embellishment or plain vanilla. Of course, if you read my C4 Bose speaker replacement and Bose head unit replacement forum, the work involved may be a factor for a DIY'r.

Quick Reply: Din 1.5 stereo for a C5