Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

audio in 66

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:44 AM
glide
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'19

Default audio in 66

I have a 66 that I just repainted. When I put the car back together, I changed the antenna to an electric that goes all the way down so I could cover the car. The original radio worked somewhat. I would like some kind of original looking audio system in the car. Hooking up the new antenna alone seems like quite a job especially for a so so radio.

Can anyone suggest a audio store in Northern Virginia that they would trust to upgrade or replace the original system in a 66 Corvette?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by glide
I have a 66 that I just repainted. When I put the car back together, I changed the antenna to an electric that goes all the way down so I could cover the car. The original radio worked somewhat. I would like some kind of original looking audio system in the car. Hooking up the new antenna alone seems like quite a job especially for a so so radio.

Can anyone suggest a audio store in Northern Virginia that they would trust to upgrade or replace the original system in a 66 Corvette?

been out of the C2 side for awhile as I sold mine but what I did was have the guts taken out of my radio and changed for a new digital version but it still looked original.. you might want to post in the C2 section. I forgot who did mine but a quick search with BING came up with this guy.. http://www.vintageautoradio.com/inde...mart&Itemid=67
The following users liked this post:
glide (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 01:29 PM
glide
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'19

Originally Posted by joec
been out of the C2 side for awhile as I sold mine but what I did was have the guts taken out of my radio and changed for a new digital version but it still looked original.. you might want to post in the C2 section. I forgot who did mine but a quick search with BING came up with this guy.. http://www.vintageautoradio.com/inde...mart&Itemid=67
Thanks JoeC!
John

Get notified of new replies

To audio in 66

Quick Reply: audio in 66