Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

USB Issue with 2012 Nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Watchie
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default USB Issue with 2012 Nav

I installed a 2012 Nav (OEM) and placed a USB port in the center console ashtray (behind the door in place of the lighter). This was a nice set up for me as it allows convenient use of both a memory stick or my phone for music.

The system works (and sounds) good, except for one problem. Every now and then at the end of a song the USB will no longer be recognized by the system. Put another way, the next track does not come up, and the USB option on the NAV screen is no longer available. But once I stop and start the car everything works again.

Note that I used the OEM cable to connect to the back of the Nav, and then a second, short cable for the USB port, effectively the same as if I had used the required second OEM cable for running everything to the back of my center console where the USB port is usually found.

Anyone have an explanation as to why?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:07 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 587 Posts

I've heard the OEM cables are non-standard, don't know if that could be part of the problem. I have the opposite problem with my (stock) USB port. Every time I start the car it thinks it has a new USB card and it starts playing from the very first song. This is a PITA when you have ~3000 songs, it's painful to navigate back to where you want to be & I sure don't want to listen to the first couple of songs over and over and over. I've pretty much given up on the USB and just rip 6 or 7 albums worth of MP3 files to a CD.

Quick Reply: USB Issue with 2012 Nav