Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

looking for sub box/amp rack ideas, C5

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 07:28 AM
bigmoney
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for sub box/amp rack ideas, C5

i recently bought my C5, and i want to upgrade the stereo in it. I want to do a double din head unit along with a couple subs in the rear. I would like to ask if anyone has some creative ideas and or current systems that you are willing to share pics of. you can pm me as well if you dont want to share in public. i like the new sub design in the C7.

thanks, david
Old 06-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

You will need to replace the bezel to fit a double din head unit.

Do you have a C5 coup, convertible, zo6? You really only need one sub. Two subs would probably be overkill but to each their own.
The following users liked this post:
bigmoney (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Go to Double D Mods .com (http://shopddmods-com.3dcartstores.c...2004_c_37.html) and give Dennis a call. Forum Sponsor

I recently, last week, purchased a C6 package unit form him. He answer all my questions and sold me what I wanted, made recommendations and saved $500. There are a lot of great reviews and comments about Dennis and his customer relationships.

He has sub boxes and complete plug and play head units. Does the cross over wiring harness as needed to make the install a piece of cake.

Call Dennis.....that is my best advice to you. Don't take my word, just read some the comments about his customer satisfaction.

Cheer
Boxcar
bigmoney (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 11:22 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Boxcar
Go to Double D Mods .com (http://shopddmods-com.3dcartstores.c...2004_c_37.html) and give Dennis a call. Forum Sponsor

I recently, last week, purchased a C6 package unit form him. He answer all my questions and sold me what I wanted, made recommendations and saved $500. There are a lot of great reviews and comments about Dennis and his customer relationships.

He has sub boxes and complete plug and play head units. Does the cross over wiring harness as needed to make the install a piece of cake.

Call Dennis.....that is my best advice to you. Don't take my word, just read some the comments about his customer satisfaction.

Cheer
Boxcar
Thanks!

Here is a pic of a recent C5 amp rack and sub box I sent out
(one in middle that is black as other two are C6)

Name:  yttt.jpeg
Views: 778
Size:  692.9 KB

Just call me anytime 608 854 2033
bigmoney (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 11:42 AM
bigmoney
Cruising

Originally Posted by Homer3D
You will need to replace the bezel to fit a double din head unit.

Do you have a C5 coup, convertible, zo6? You really only need one sub. Two subs would probably be overkill but to each their own.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a 98 C5 coupe. Youre right about only one sub. I have only one in my suburban.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:03 PM
bigmoney
Cruising

Thanks to all. I seen a post by Dennis on the double din metra kit. Glad to see great reviews as I was skeptical about in inquiry due to just having read the admins post on scammers and such. Please take no offense. im new to this site and learning people and who to buy from and who not to.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:47 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmoney
Thanks to all. I seen a post by Dennis on the double din metra kit. Glad to see great reviews as I was skeptical about in inquiry due to just having read the admins post on scammers and such. Please take no offense. im new to this site and learning people and who to buy from and who not to.
anyone who has the supporting vendor tag is alright to buy from.

Get notified of new replies

To looking for sub box/amp rack ideas, C5

Quick Reply: looking for sub box/amp rack ideas, C5