Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Such a weird stereo problem, help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:07 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Default Such a weird stereo problem, help?

As long as I've had my '69, I've had trouble with the radio sounding at all decent. I had the guts to the original stereo radio converted to modern, tried a couple speaker options, added an amp, etc. Results have been mixed, but that's not the problem.

The converted stereo now has a wire that I can plug into my phone to use as an iPod. Usually this is pretty great but it's always been wonky. Often, as I drive along the play jumps back and forth from what the iTunes is playing on my phone over to the radio channel. It's startling because I need the volume up more for the phone play, and when it jumps to the radio it's suddenly blasts loud.

Even when it's working right, when it's between songs on the phone, it will jump back to the radio. Sometimes it picks back up on the phone, sometimes not for a while, sometimes not at all. Some days I go for a ride and I cannot ever get the phone music to play at all. The phone always plays music when I just listen to it or use headphones on it.

This was with an iPhone 5. I bought a 7 which doesn't have the jack, but comes with a converter/connector which does not work at all on the 7, ever. I've read online posts that there's some some of electronic conversion that does not work when using the jack plus converter plug, but I don't know if that's true.

Tonight I tested the car using a different iPhone 5. It seemed to work much better and was even a bit louder. I figured it all must be in my phone. However, on the way back the music started drifting to the radio between songs, and then started switching back and forth from the radio and phone erratically like on my phone.

I've thought it might be heat, but that doesn't hold up. It seems my phone is worse, but I'm not convinced the radio or wire is working properly.

Any crazy ideas?
Old 07-27-2017, 03:04 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Wow, not a single response from the audio experts.

Got it fixed in another section.

Quick Reply: Such a weird stereo problem, help?