Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:37 PM
tc_rain
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Troubleshooting

Two years ago I had Dennis at Double D Mods install a Kenwood DDX9902s in my C6. Last year I returned to him and had speakers installed with sub and amp. Before I start with the problems, I want to point out that I am happy with the work he had done and do not want this to reflect as me being unhappy or dissatisfied with the work. Sometimes things just happen. Now onto my problems.

A couple weeks ago the driver’s side door speaker stopped working. Rather than return to Dennis, I decided to look into it myself. I started at the door speaker and immediately found the problem. The wire leading from the speaker to the crossover (which was mounted under the kick panel) looked as if it was filled with a white powder. The connection to the crossover looked frayed so I tried to strip the end to reconnect it. The wire was so corroded it broke with the slightest tension. I replaced the wire and everything worked fine. Now a week later my back-up camera stopped working. Is there a way to test just the camera? I don’t think these two problems are related as far as wire corrosion; however, the possibility does exist. I would like to start with the easiest possibility before removing the console to follow the wire from the radio. That is unless someone else has a better suggestion.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

TC, your back up camera attaches to a RCA video cable that is run from the camera to the head unit. It also has two wires to supply power that were probably run to one of your reverse lights or back to the head unit. You can remove one of your brake lights to access the space behind the bumper to get to the wring for the reverse camera. Try to see where the power cables were run to and check them for a good connection.

You may also want to buy a new backup camera just in case you need to replace it. You can check Amazon to try and find the same one you have and they are typically not expensive. I paid $17 for my Pyle camera. I would probably check the power wires first, then change the camera second, before pulling out the head unit. If power was run to your reverse lights, make sure your reverse lights are working before anything else.
The following users liked this post:
tc_rain (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 10:26 PM
tc_rain
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. That is where I will start.

Get notified of new replies

To Troubleshooting

Quick Reply: Troubleshooting