Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The radio is dead!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 07:27 AM
devilfish
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The radio is dead!

The cd works just fine. But al I can get from the radio is static noise.. Must I change the hole radio part. And where do you get that?
Old 10-08-2002, 01:29 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: The radio is dead! (devilfish)

From your sig I'm taking it you have a '91. Is it a BOSE system? I'm not sure on yours, but when I had the stock BOSE in mine there is the head unit for the CD/Cass up front and a receiver for the AM/FM in the back. I've heard on earlier years the receiver was under the dash. Sorry, but I don't know much about a '91. Hopefully someone else can provide more info.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:05 PM
devilfish
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: The radio is dead! (R94 LT 1)

I think the radio is a stand-alone unit some where ;/
Old 10-14-2002, 04:47 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: The radio is dead! (R94 LT 1)

From your sig I'm taking it you have a '91. Is it a BOSE system? I'm not sure on yours, but when I had the stock BOSE in mine there is the head unit for the CD/Cass up front and a receiver for the AM/FM in the back. I've heard on earlier years the receiver was under the dash. Sorry, but I don't know much about a '91. Hopefully someone else can provide more info.
It should be under the dash on the passenger side way up. It sounds like a loose wire or plug. Basically, it sounds like your antenna is unplugged. You may want to follow the wire from where it goes through the firewall to the receiver to see if it is cut, pinched or unplugged before you replace or remove the receiver. It comes through the body under the carpet in the rear driver's side. Follow the thick black coax wire. This is the one the radio uses for reception and is not the one that makes the antenna go up and down.

Get notified of new replies

To The radio is dead!

Quick Reply: The radio is dead!