Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM antenna adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 PM
djbelt
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Default XM antenna adapter?

06 Base, 3LT
Just replaced HU with Kenwood, and do not like that I have to use the 'add-on' XM antenna. Has anybody tried to adapt the factory antenna plug to fit aftermarket Head Units?
Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by djbelt
06 Base, 3LT
Just replaced HU with Kenwood, and do not like that I have to use the 'add-on' XM antenna. Has anybody tried to adapt the factory antenna plug to fit aftermarket Head Units?
don't quote me on this

but

you still need the aftermarket adapter with your deck unless it came with part sxv300

now....and here is the big maybe. the aftermarket antennas have a single conductor copper wire {or did when i took one apart} if the plug is different a soldering gun may solve your issue. i would try it as you could possibly make an adapter without having to cut anywhere on the OE antenna
Old 10-18-2017, 10:20 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I purchased the sxv300 SiriusXm tuner for my Pioneer and I re-used the cars existing Xm antenna. You need to buy a 10ft SiriusXm antenna extension cable from amazon. I think it was $10, and run it to the factory Xm tuner located above the rear wheel well on drivers side.

Get notified of new replies

To XM antenna adapter?

Quick Reply: XM antenna adapter?