Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bazooka tube mount location?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 07:34 PM
czarredd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Bazooka tube mount location?

Trying to find out where to mount 6.5" powered bass tube so it's not on top of any storage compartment. Possible?
Thanks
Old 10-31-2017, 05:19 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

2 questions.

1. What year/model corvette?
2. Why a Bazooka?
Old 10-31-2017, 05:24 PM
czarredd
Racer

Originally Posted by Homer3D
2 questions.

1. What year/model corvette?
2. Why a Bazooka?
1. 01' Coupe
2. Chose the Bazooka because of size and I've had good experience with them before
Old 10-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by czarredd
1. 01' Coupe
2. Chose the Bazooka because of size and I've had good experience with them before
It has been a while so I need to look up pictures of a C5 trunk but it looks like you have more than enough room on the shelf between the seats and the well.

To install, I would get one piece MDF that would lay across the area from left to right under the carpet. I would then take some liquid nails (or something like that) and adhere the board directly unto the sheet metal of the trunk on area I marked in the picture. Place the carpet back over the board to hide it. Bazooka makes mounting brackets and you can mount the brackets to the MDF board and use the brackets to hold the Bazooka in place.

I am recommending something like liquid nails because I don't know what is under that part of the trunk and you don't want to just start screwing into sheet metal when you don't know what's behind it.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:09 AM
czarredd
Racer

It has been a while so I need to look up pictures of a C5 trunk but it looks like you have more than enough room on the shelf between the seats and the well.

To install, I would get one piece MDF that would lay across the area from left to right under the carpet. I would then take some liquid nails (or something like that) and adhere the board directly unto the sheet metal of the trunk on area I marked in the picture. Place the carpet back over the board to hide it. Bazooka makes mounting brackets and you can mount the brackets to the MDF board and use the brackets to hold the Bazooka in place.

I am recommending something like liquid nails because I don't know what is under that part of the trunk and you don't want to just start screwing into sheet metal when you don't know what's behind it.

Thanks Homer, you're definitely on to something here. I've always been accustomed to the tube facing towards the back though. Wondering how the horizontal positioning will affect sound?
Old 11-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Thanks Homer, you're definitely on to something here. I've always been accustomed to the tube facing towards the back though. Wondering how the horizontal positioning will affect sound?
I really don't have too much experience with the Bazooka. Only time was back in the 90's I got my hands on a free pair. Gave it to a friend that put it in his pick up truck right behind the seats on the floor. Both firing sideways. They seemed to perform just fine. Super punchy but not really that "deep" bass that I tend to like. But I think that it more of a characteristic of the 6inch sub versus the way it was positioned.

In general terms, bass is omni-directional so it should not matter which way it is facing. Now whether that is true in this setup is unknown to me.
The following users liked this post:
czarredd (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:44 PM
czarredd
Racer

What about mounting Bazooka tube in middle cargo area? Think there would be any annoying rattling or vibrations?
Old 11-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

What about mounting Bazooka tube in middle cargo area? Think there would be any annoying rattling or vibrations?
I don't understand quite what you are asking. I thought you did not want the tube mounted on top of any storage compartment.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:03 PM
czarredd
Racer

I don't understand quite what you are asking. I thought you did not want the tube mounted on top of any storage compartment.
Correct, I don't want it mounted on top. My last question is about mounting inside larger middle storage compartment. Do you think it would be susceptible to annoying rattling from storage lid?

Last edited by czarredd; 11-01-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

I guess I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought you didn't want lose the use of the storage area. But I am fairly sure the tube will fit in the well but I don't know if you will be able to close the lid on top of it. Even if you could it probably would likely cause some rattling.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:56 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

I seen someone put an 8" one in the center compartment. I'm not sure if a 10" one would fit.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:10 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Hey bud is this your car in the pic? Where are those front net tiedowns? I don't seem to have them in my Y2K coupe but that sure looks like a C5 coupe to me...
Old 11-28-2017, 12:37 PM
SEA7
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look into this first.

https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...BoC0AcQAvD_BwE
Old 11-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jdmvette
Hey bud is this your car in the pic? Where are those front net tiedowns? I don't seem to have them in my Y2K coupe but that sure looks like a C5 coupe to me...
No this is not my car. This is just an image I found on google.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

No this is not my car. This is just an image I found on google.
Thanks for posting that, Jason. I did some digging and found that kit on eBay so I'll see how it turns out when it gets here.

Get notified of new replies

To Bazooka tube mount location?

Quick Reply: Bazooka tube mount location?