Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 -Replaced Head Unit - Used PAc ROEM-Vet1

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 01:21 PM
UM Rebel
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts

Default C5 -Replaced Head Unit - Used PAc ROEM-Vet1

2004 CE Convertible

Factory radio failed so I replaced with an after market head unit. Interfaced to stock speakers with PAC ROEM-Vet1. It sounds good but I have one question. When I adjust head unit Fade all the way to rear I still hear some sound from front speakers. Not loud and it does not seem to be any sound from the front woofers. Otherwise, with Fade and Balance at zero everything sounds great.

Is this normal or did I hook up something wrong.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM
MatsA
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Cut from another thread:
Ok so I did the usual HU upgrade while leaving the Bose system intact by using the PAC ROEM-VET1. After putting things back together and adjusting the EQ to try and get a decent sound I found there was nothing I could do to get the highs to come out. It sounded like crap!

So I searched the boards and found I'm not the only one. I saw explanations ranging from: it doesn't use the tweeters, it bypasses the DSP which adds highs to the sound, it works just fine, install new 3" speakers and it works, etc.

Today I pulled it all apart and started messing with the adjustments on the adapter. Here are my findings for those who walk this path in the future:

1. The rears are unaffected by the pots
2. Only the front sub woofers are adjusted by the front pots.
3. The tweeters are controlled by the HU
4. The initial pot setting has the subs CRANKED

Thus the reason the sound sucks is because say at volume 10 the subs are at 20 and the tweets at 2 (simplified, yes I know, but the point it there). So what I did is:

1. Adjust the fade all the way to the front.
2. Turn front pots all the way down (no signal to the subs).
3. Turn up the HU to hear the tweets.
4. Start turning up the pots to add bass.
5. Fade back to center.

FWIW I found 12 o'clock to work well with some EQ on the HU. Iad someone having same problem and a good solution as i understand:

Quick Reply: C5 -Replaced Head Unit - Used PAc ROEM-Vet1