Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Remote Start Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 02:24 AM
USA - #1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default C6 Remote Start

I would like to equip my 2013 C6 Z06/Z07 with a remote start. Yes, I am aware of the intricacies of remote start on a manual trans car & I know I will need to sacrifice an OEM fob. I am an experienced ASE master auto tech with LOTS of electrical experience (25 years) but also have no problem farming the install to a top notch installer if I can find one in my area (southern California). I could also use some input on who's equipment would be the best for my application.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by USA - #1; 12-17-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:33 PM
USA - #1
Racer

Anyone?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:59 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Old 12-24-2017, 12:02 PM
USA - #1
Racer

Anyone??
Old 12-26-2017, 04:12 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I don't think anyone here could recommend a system because none are made for a manual. I'd be surprised if you find a reputable installer that would put it in due to the liability.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:19 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

This doesn't say the guy had a manual but I bet it did.

https://nypost.com/2016/03/17/woman-...rter-misfires/
Old 12-29-2017, 02:38 AM
USA - #1
Racer

Originally Posted by pjazz
I don't think anyone here could recommend a system because none are made for a manual. I'd be surprised if you find a reputable installer that would put it in due to the liability.

Thanks - but all an installer has to do is utilize the neutral switch and all is good. A competent installer is essential for multiple reasons but it's not exactly rocket science either.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:55 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i have done a few manual c6. fyi, you need 10 spdt relays. i just removed the one out of my c6 as i was having door latch issues (still have them, thats another issue) and will put the RS back in it in the spring after i replace the latches.

it is not an easy car, and you will need a manual safe RS, and one with programable outputs, the intro vipers/ads won't cut it.

Last edited by Jimmy 2 Times; 01-21-2018 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
USA - #1 (01-24-2018)
Old 01-24-2018, 02:04 AM
USA - #1
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Times
i have done a few manual c6. fyi, you need 10 spdt relays. i just removed the one out of my c6 as i was having door latch issues (still have them, thats another issue) and will put the RS back in it in the spring after i replace the latches.

it is not an easy car, and you will need a manual safe RS, and one with programable outputs, the intro vipers/ads won't cut it.
Thanks for responding. It looks like the Directed 4X/5X platforms will handle it. What are you using?

Take a look at this schematic and let me know what you think. 8 relays in there.

I am an ASE Master Tech with many year of electrical experience and I'm pretty good but would REALLY rather have someone who has done this numerous times prior be the one to touch my car. I need a good referral here in Southern California.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Remote Start Schematic.pdf (459.2 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by USA - #1; 01-24-2018 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

8 relays for the RS, 2 for the variable clutch if you need it. You will also need an 1101t and a spare key fob (i bought off flea bay)

it wasn't too bad but i am ASE A6, as well as MECP Master so this wasn't too bad for me. Pages 1-3 of that document have testing procedures for the resistors. As long as you keep track of the relays, i had them connected together, and labeled so it made connections easy. I had my relays and the alarm brain where the OEM amp was. I also ran an 8g wire right from the battery right to there, and ran the other wires to car.

The first 2 were cumbersome and time consuming, but it gets quicker. I had a viper 5706, but may change to a computstar on the next....i like them a bit better
Old 01-27-2018, 02:22 AM
USA - #1
Racer

8 relays for the RS, 2 for the variable clutch if you need it. You will also need an 1101t and a spare key fob (i bought off flea bay)

it wasn't too bad but i am ASE A6, as well as MECP Master so this wasn't too bad for me. Pages 1-3 of that document have testing procedures for the resistors. As long as you keep track of the relays, i had them connected together, and labeled so it made connections easy. I had my relays and the alarm brain where the OEM amp was. I also ran an 8g wire right from the battery right to there, and ran the other wires to car.

The first 2 were cumbersome and time consuming, but it gets quicker. I had a viper 5706, but may change to a computstar on the next....i like them a bit better
Thanks a bunch. Wish you were in my neck of the woods. Even though I am A1 thru A8, X1, California smog licensed, etc I don't work on cars for a living and don't have the time plus I really want someone who has done it more than once before!
Old 01-31-2018, 01:39 AM
USA - #1
Racer

Originally Posted by USA - #1
Thanks a bunch. Wish you were in my neck of the woods. Even though I am A1 thru A8, X1, California smog licensed, etc I don't work on cars for a living and don't have the time plus I really want someone who has done it more than once before!
Just let me know if you would like a free California vacation stay - I am just minutes away from Disneyland & the beach!
Old 01-31-2018, 09:28 AM
6spdg37s
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

if u were in NJ I have a great installer for you (but not cali unforunitly)

however it is doable, there is a sequence that needs to be done when it is installed properly.

something along the lines of shut the car off, sit in the car, remote start it with foot on clutch, remove foot from clutch , shut car. now the car knows that it is in fact in neutral. however u can still put it in gear which will result in ur car driving thru someones living room.

my friend does do them , you need to sign a very long legal document that if it does drive thru someones house or kill someone the installer is not responsible.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:07 PM
USA - #1
Racer

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
if u were in NJ I have a great installer for you (but not cali unforunitly)

however it is doable, there is a sequence that needs to be done when it is installed properly.

something along the lines of shut the car off, sit in the car, remote start it with foot on clutch, remove foot from clutch , shut car. now the car knows that it is in fact in neutral. however u can still put it in gear which will result in ur car driving thru someones living room.

my friend does do them , you need to sign a very long legal document that if it does drive thru someones house or kill someone the installer is not responsible.
Maybe Jimmy 2 Times can comment on this but my understanding is that there is a neutral safety input to the PCM that can be utilized. This way the remote start will not work unless the trans is in neutral.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:25 PM
gmtech1234
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m a retired chevy tech, 9 years. Never heard of a neutral switch in a manual trans.

Not to say they don’t exist, just never heard of one.
USA - #1 (02-18-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

if there is a NSS in a corvette, it is news to me. I havent scene it on directed, ads, or mitchel, or all data.

also, my 2018 WRX has a NSS and it is awesome for RS
USA - #1 (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 08:33 PM
USA - #1
Racer

if there is a NSS in a corvette, it is news to me. I havent scene it on directed, ads, or mitchel, or all data.

also, my 2018 WRX has a NSS and it is awesome for RS
Sure - rub it in!

I was told about a NSS but have never confirmed it in a schematic. It may not exist if not on All Data or on Directed.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Remote Start Install

Quick Reply: C6 Remote Start Install