Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions about PAC RP5-GM11 wiring with Kenwood in C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 12:24 PM
JDebler
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 135 Posts

If you buy the PAC RP5-GM11 adapter harness, it comes with an antenna adapter.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:33 PM
JSBZ51
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Pac Audio's RP5-GM11 interface kit in my installation and it comes with the antenna adapter. The interface retains all steering wheel controls and is fairly easy to install.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:15 PM
ULEWZ
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Just bought a new Kenwood DDX9704S, Pac RP5-GM11, and Metra 95-3304 Dash Kit and have one question:
How did you map your steering wheel buttons?

I have a 2008 with just the right side buttons, Vol+, Vol-, <, >, and 1-6. Basically, what did you map the 1-6 to? I have the options of Volume +, Volume -, Mute, Source, Play, Track +, Track -, Disc/FM +, Disc/AM -, Answer, Voice Dial, On Hook, Off Hook, Mute (multimedia units only).

I am leaning towards either Voice Dial, Answer, On Hook, or Off Hook as I want it to initiate calls somehow.

1. What would you do and why?
Thanks in advance,
Lew

PS: Just ran into another question:
2. For Reverse actuation for the camera, DD says to connect the Green wire from PAC RP5 to Reverse wire (Purple/White) on Kenwood harness.

This thread says to connect the Vehicle Speed Output (Purple/White) wire from PAC RP5 to Reverse wire (Purple/White) wire on Kenwood harness.
Which is correct and will both ways work, connecting to green or to purple/white?

PSS: Final questions:
3. DD says to hook the orange (dimming) wire from Kenwood to the Gray/Black stripe wire of Traction Control wire. Is this still required as I will hook the Orange/white from PAC RP5 to Orange/white on Kenwood harness?
4. The Blue wire from the Kenwood harness is an antenna/antenna amp wire to which there is no corresponding wire on the PAC RP5 (blue says not used!!). Is this necessary to power the antenna amp in the car, if so, what do I hook it to? (should not be necessary as Blue/White should turn on amp and antenna amp).

Last edited by ULEWZ; 04-30-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Gregory Richardson
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JSBZ51
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...1&d=1521492897
I have removed the factory Bose Nav Unit.
Any idea what the white, 2 wire connector is for?
Also, the grey connector in the second photo is, I believe, the factory GPS antenna. Any reason I can't plug this antenna into the DMX7704s?
Did you ever figure out what the white connector with 2 red wires was? Just replaced my factory nav unit with an aftermarket android. The PAC OS2-X did not have a space for that connector.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:37 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregory Richardson
Did you ever figure out what the white connector with 2 red wires was? Just replaced my factory nav unit with an aftermarket android. The PAC OS2-X did not have a space for that connector.
When installing my after market head unit, I do remember there was a connector for the factory units voice recognition or commands that does not get reconnected when installing an after market head unit. I believe that is the plug that you are referring to, if I remember correctly.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:20 AM
jamdun17
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio56

You will need to run the new microphone for anything related to the new HU. Your existing mic will still be active for Onstar (if you have it), but that's about it.
do you know of you just wire in the headunit mic into the factory wires if that will allow its to work with the headunit correctly?
Old 01-01-2021, 08:11 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by jamdun17
do you know of you just wire in the headunit mic into the factory wires if that will allow its to work with the headunit correctly?
You can splice into the factory mic wires and use the factory mic, but you have to so it at the factory mic location. Because the mic wires are connected with and are used for OnStar also, you won't be able to connect to the wire at the head unit or in the dash. If you do it at the head unit/dash location, it won't work.

Quick Reply: Questions about PAC RP5-GM11 wiring with Kenwood in C6