Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Aftermarket Subs and Amp on Stock Head Unit - C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:52 AM
gsasca
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Subs and Amp on Stock Head Unit - C5

I am looking at finally installing my subs and amp this weekend on the stock head unit (2003 Corvette base). I read up on a few threads from back in 2006 or so that you can't tap into the bass speakers for signal like you would some other cars. Past that, the thread got a little confusing. Is there a more recent thread on how to hook up the amp and subs? If not, anyone know which wires I need to tap into to get bass signal and where to ground? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:45 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by gsasca
I am looking at finally installing my subs and amp this weekend on the stock head unit (2003 Corvette base). I read up on a few threads from back in 2006 or so that you can't tap into the bass speakers for signal like you would some other cars...
To add an aftermarket amplifier with external subwoofers, keeping the rest of the OEM system intact, you would need an adapter to provide the required interface between the OEM system and the new external amp.

The
<b>PAC AOEM-VET1</b> PAC AOEM-VET1
will do that and provide you with line-level RCA audio outputs to connect the amp.

This interface is needed because the C5 Bose system doesn't use standard signals. This system is based on a modified Delco head-unit that uses pseudo-differential low level signals along with fully differential speaker level signals. The common signals are not standard and have a DC offset, so they cannot be grounded.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Subs and Amp on Stock Head Unit - C5