Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My C6 Convertible Crossover install/mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts
Default My C6 Convertible Crossover install/mount

Name:  IMG_1859.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  1.64 MB

Name:  IMG_1855.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  3.04 MB

Name:  IMG_1861.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  1.56 MB

I went with Focal 165AS component speakers for the doors after reading several reviews and on Crutchfield's recommendation. They sound great.....loud, clear, and crisp. One problem is the fairly large crossovers they come with. I already choose to mount the amp under the waterfall. For the crossovers I mounted them in place of the stock Bose amp in the passenger footwell. The Bose amp was not going to be used and can easily be removed in 5 minutes. 4 screws and unplug the harnesses. I used the removed Bose amp as a template, and sheet of marine plastic from West Marine as a mounting plate. Very easy to cut with a jigsaw. After cutting the template, I mounted the crossovers with 2 through bolts each. Wired up the component speakers, and then reused the 4 screws that held the Bose amp to secure the whole plate. The bottom picture shows a trial fitting. The cross overs come with a three position toggle switch to adjust the high frequency of the tweeters. With this location you can reach in and adjust to your preference, which would not be so easy in a door mount . They are also dry and stable in this location. Wiring was fairly easy. Speaker wires from the amp under the waterfall, run under the center console up behind the radio, and then behind the dash to the crossovers.
Then wires from the speaker components through the doors to the crossovers.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:17 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Looks good !
Old 05-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I like your custom work.

Since I have a vert too, I am curious to know where you installed your amps and what's your set up for bass?

Get notified of new replies

To My C6 Convertible Crossover install/mount

Quick Reply: My C6 Convertible Crossover install/mount