Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help tapping into factory non bose amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:09 AM
BigB72
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need help tapping into factory non bose amp

So I bought a new aftermarket amp to power my upgraded door speakers and a new sub once it comes in. So I decided to get started with the amp and I was told that I could tap into the factory amp and run my speaker wires from there to the amp. So I found the factory amp and there are 2 plugs that go into the amp. I was told to use the outgoing side of the amp to tap into but nothing on the amp says outgoing and its too hard to tell where the wires go. So does anyone know which one is the outgoing. THere is a big plug and a little plug.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 PM
BigB72
Instructor

Wow no one knows which plug is the input or the output to the speakers. Maybe I didn't make it clear what I was trying to do. I am trying not to have to run all new speaker wire from each speaker. I was told by a installer that I could just tap into the wires coming out of the factory amp that are going to the speakers and then cut those or tap those wires then run the other end back to my amp. Hope that clarifies my objective.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2018, 08:40 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I upgraded my head unit and added an amp, speakers, and sub. I’m not sure about the factory amp since I just bypassed it without removing it. But I would suggest just running new wires to the speakers. It’s not that difficult and you can use a higher gauge wire than the thin ones from the factory. If you are running the wires to the factory amp, you are basically already there. You just have to remove the plastic cover up under the dash that covers the opening to run wires into the doors. Once you remove the cover, I find it easier to run the wires from the door into the car using a coat hanger or something similar.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:20 AM
BigB72
Instructor

thanks for the info. Yeah I finally found out how to run the wire thru the doors and it looks alot easier than cutting wires at the factory amp. Plus if I ever need to go back to the factory amp its still in tact. Plus if I run the speaker wires to me new amp I wont have to cut the plug off the speakers cause there already aftermarket so I just have to unplug the aftermarket speaker adapter and connect my speaker wires and then run them back to the new aftermarket amp i got . Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help tapping into factory non bose amp

Quick Reply: Need help tapping into factory non bose amp