Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6Z Kenwood install issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 01:28 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C6Z Kenwood install issues

I never got around to installing my new head unit from Dennis (Double D) while he was still around, and now that I am, I ran into an issue. He sent me the instructions (when I bought the stereo) that have also been posted on this site, but they are for a different model (I have a DDX9904S) so some of the things that he mentions are different.

My first issue is that the head unit only turns on when the car is in ACC. As soon as I started the car, the power went off on the head unit.
The second issue is that he suggested wiring the backup camera to the head unit power and ground, which I did, but the camera never came on, only the grid lines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-14-2018, 09:58 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Sounds like a wiring issue. Black wire is ground, red wire is ACC wire, yellow wire is constant 12V. What wiring interface are you using? I'm guessing the PAC Audio RP5-GM11. If so, it's mostly just a matter of connecting the color matching the wires. Did Dennis pre-wire the harness for you?

As far as reverse camera, if the wiring is correct, check the settings in your head unit. I think the Kenwood has something like "camera interrupt on/off" in the settings? If not that, it could also be your wiring since your head unit doesn't sound right either, so check those also.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

Yes, Dennis did pre-wire the RP5-GM11. Maybe I knocked something loose while connecting the rear camera power to it, I'll recheck it. I also used this as a power source for a front camera which seems to work correctly.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:44 PM
mr84monte
Advanced

It was a loose connection on the head unit. The camera wires are so small that the wire tap failed "tap" them.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z Kenwood install issues

Quick Reply: C6Z Kenwood install issues