Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Convertible Subwoofer options

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Coyote58
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C6 Convertible Subwoofer options

I bought a 2013 C6 convert. last month and am ready to start working on the sound system. I have already purchased a Pioneer NEX8200 for the HU. Looking forward to installing an amp and component speakers in the doors. However, I am trying to look at all the possibilities for a subwoofer. Has anyone heard the JL stealthbox subwoofers that go behind seat in a convertible? I am wondering how that would sound vs a single 10" in the trunk on the Driver side. Also, for those who have installed amps behind the passenger seat, would something like a Alpine PDX 5 channel amp fit while still allowing full rearward movement of the passenger seat? I am across the country from the car right now as it lives at our second home. We are headed there in a couple of weeks and I plan to order stuff to meet me when we arrive.
thanks
Old 02-06-2019, 09:46 PM
RedVelvette
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put in the dual JL Stealth boxes in my 2007 vert last summer and love it. It's not as boomy as the larger dia trunk units, but for my music it works great. I drive it with a 1100 watt amp that fits very nicely in the factory amp compartment under the passenger side floorboard. Nice and clean with nothing in the trunk or under the seats.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:28 AM
Coyote58
Intermediate

Thanks,
I have ordered the stealth boxes for mine. I plan on doing a large electronics upgrade all around. It will take a while but should be fun.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:06 PM
C6Tally
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedVelvette
I put in the dual JL Stealth boxes in my 2007 vert last summer and love it. It's not as boomy as the larger dia trunk units, but for my music it works great. I drive it with a 1100 watt amp that fits very nicely in the factory amp compartment under the passenger side floorboard. Nice and clean with nothing in the trunk or under the seats.
How do they hold up with an 1100 watt amp? I see that they are rated for 500. Do you keep the gain turned down?
Old 03-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Coyote58
Intermediate

I have purchased a JL Audio amp MX600/3.
it is a small marine amp that I hope will fit where the Bose amp is or behind the waterfall. It is a 3 channel amp rated 75 watts into 4 ohms for the main two channels and a sub channel that is 400 watts into 2 ohms. Looks to be ideal on paper.

Last edited by Coyote58; 03-06-2019 at 06:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C6Tally (03-06-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM
RedVelvette
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Tally
How do they hold up with an 1100 watt amp? I see that they are rated for 500. Do you keep the gain turned down?
I probably wrote that incorrectly. The amp I have is Arc Audio XDi1100.5 It's 1100 watt over 5 channels. I think the sub channel is 500W so that is what is driving the Stealth boxes. I had it professionally installed so I'm not exactly sure of the setup, but I think that's the case.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Convertible Subwoofer options

Quick Reply: C6 Convertible Subwoofer options