Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SubThump Dual 10" Box in C6 Z06 Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 02:18 PM
mecha
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SubThump Dual 10" Box in C6 Z06 Question

I'm going to be overhauling the stereo this spring in my C6 Z06 and part of that will be adding 2 10" subs. I already have an email out to subthump asking this question, but figured I'd throw it out on this forum as well to get an opinion without a sales pitch.

If anyone has used this box, how did you secure it in the hatch area? The description online says it locks into place, but I'm assuming it's just wedged between the wheel wells. I'm mostly concerned with how well it's locked into place and if it's not great, how I can secure it better without butchering the carpets/car. Velcro is one option, but not sure how effective that'll be with tipping.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:25 PM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

I have the rear firing dual 10" partition box in my car. It is a pretty good friction fit and interlock to the shape of the wheel wells and lift strut mounts. I don't see velcro making it any more secure. If you really need something stronger to help you sleep at night, you could epoxy a board to the floorpan and screw into that. (Be careful to avoid punching through the floor because the fuel tanks are right under there!)

Last edited by TurboLX; 02-26-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:51 PM
mecha
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. As long as the thing isn't unsafe and doesn't rattle when the bass hits, I'm good. Was just curious how tight the fit is. Sounds like it's pretty snug and won't need anything else to keep it in place.

Worst case, I like the board under it idea (plan on mounting the amp behind the passenger seat in a similar way, so aware of the gas tank in that area). Just curious if I put 1/2" MDF or something under the box, would it lift out of the wells enough to make any difference as far as fitment is concerned?

Get notified of new replies

To SubThump Dual 10" Box in C6 Z06 Question

Quick Reply: SubThump Dual 10" Box in C6 Z06 Question