Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

RP5-GM11 static

Old 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Soneat
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RP5-GM11 static

I installed a Kenwood DDX9705S last night. Everything went fairly smooth except for the initial startup of the head unit. Sound is good. Interface works fine. But there is a constant hum of static / white noise. I got everything from Crutchfield and opted for them to pre-wire the harness. So everything showed up ready to plug and play. It’s a 2010 C6 NON-Bose w/ Onstar. So the pac harness came plugged into the “non-amplified speakers” port. This produced a lot of static. Even at a volume of “1”, the music came through pretty loud. After reading some other threads, i decided to switch the pac harness to the “amplified speakers” port. This cut down on the static quite a bit, but it’s still there and driving me crazy. Is this a grounding issue? So I need to use the rca pre-outs into harness? Was trying to avoid having to rewire the harness. The other threads didn’t seem to have clear solutions.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:58 PM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Soneat
I installed a Kenwood DDX9705S last night. Everything went fairly smooth except for the initial startup of the head unit. Sound is good. Interface works fine. But there is a constant hum of static / white noise. I got everything from Crutchfield and opted for them to pre-wire the harness. So everything showed up ready to plug and play. It’s a 2010 C6 NON-Bose w/ Onstar. So the pac harness came plugged into the “non-amplified speakers” port. This produced a lot of static. Even at a volume of “1”, the music came through pretty loud. After reading some other threads, i decided to switch the pac harness to the “amplified speakers” port. This cut down on the static quite a bit, but it’s still there and driving me crazy. Is this a grounding issue? So I need to use the rca pre-outs into harness? Was trying to avoid having to rewire the harness. The other threads didn’t seem to have clear solutions.
I'd suggest calling crutchfield . their customer service is usually awesome and they should be able to help you with everything. especially since they wired it for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RP5-GM11 static