Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

RP5-GM11 static

Old 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Soneat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RP5-GM11 static

I installed a Kenwood DDX9705S last night. Everything went fairly smooth except for the initial startup of the head unit. Sound is good. Interface works fine. But there is a constant hum of static / white noise. I got everything from Crutchfield and opted for them to pre-wire the harness. So everything showed up ready to plug and play. It’s a 2010 C6 NON-Bose w/ Onstar. So the pac harness came plugged into the “non-amplified speakers” port. This produced a lot of static. Even at a volume of “1”, the music came through pretty loud. After reading some other threads, i decided to switch the pac harness to the “amplified speakers” port. This cut down on the static quite a bit, but it’s still there and driving me crazy. Is this a grounding issue? So I need to use the rca pre-outs into harness? Was trying to avoid having to rewire the harness. The other threads didn’t seem to have clear solutions.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:58 PM
hmmmm16417
CF Senior Member

Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Soneat View Post
I installed a Kenwood DDX9705S last night. Everything went fairly smooth except for the initial startup of the head unit. Sound is good. Interface works fine. But there is a constant hum of static / white noise. I got everything from Crutchfield and opted for them to pre-wire the harness. So everything showed up ready to plug and play. It’s a 2010 C6 NON-Bose w/ Onstar. So the pac harness came plugged into the “non-amplified speakers” port. This produced a lot of static. Even at a volume of “1”, the music came through pretty loud. After reading some other threads, i decided to switch the pac harness to the “amplified speakers” port. This cut down on the static quite a bit, but it’s still there and driving me crazy. Is this a grounding issue? So I need to use the rca pre-outs into harness? Was trying to avoid having to rewire the harness. The other threads didn’t seem to have clear solutions.
I'd suggest calling crutchfield . their customer service is usually awesome and they should be able to help you with everything. especially since they wired it for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RP5-GM11 static

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: