Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C 5 door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 AM
larney
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default C 5 door speakers

Has anyone replaced the Bose speakers in the doors with 6X9 or 5x8? Any tips, pros, cons or
issues? I'm planning on replacing the whole system. Thinking I should be able to get enough bass
from 6x9 or 5x8. Rather not take up any space in the back with a sub. Haven't completely ruled
out an external amp. But just looking for better sound not earth shattering bass. Just a good punchy
sound. Any pics would also be helpful. In the research and planning stage now.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:05 AM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

I am kind of local to you, I am over in Brea, about 40 minutes away.

I have done a complete system swap in both my C5 and C6. I can give you a demo of how they sound.
The C5 has 3way components in the door and a 10" sub in the back. I have an amp that powers all.
The C6 is similar, 3way components in the doors with a small amp driving them. This one does not have a sub. The speakers I used in this install get down lower than the factory speakers but not as low as a sub.

Let me know if you are interested via PM.

Gary
The following users liked this post:
larney (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 AM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by larney
Has anyone replaced the Bose speakers in the doors with 6X9 or 5x8? Any tips, pros, cons or
issues? I'm planning on replacing the whole system. Thinking I should be able to get enough bass
from 6x9 or 5x8. Rather not take up any space in the back with a sub. Haven't completely ruled
out an external amp. But just looking for better sound not earth shattering bass. Just a good punchy
sound. Any pics would also be helpful. In the research and planning stage now.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ont-doors.html
The following users liked this post:
larney (05-16-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To C 5 door speakers

Quick Reply: C 5 door speakers