Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C7 FM Antenna

Old 06-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Tommy79
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default C7 FM Antenna

My C7 FM signal suxs. It constantly drops from HD to non HD on some channels. None of my other cars have this issue. I'm thinking about trying an antenna amp, but wondering WHERE IS THE ANTENNA! Google search shows that is in multiple places like the passenger mirror, rear bumper and front drivers fender.....

As my car is 3 weeks old, I probably should have it checked out first.. but wanted to know...

Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Tommy79
CF Senior Member

Taking it to the dealer Friday.. said a firmware update is available. Apparently GM has had an issue with HD radios. I was asked to just disable it and I told them no.

Last edited by Tommy79; 06-25-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:26 AM
Jeff V.
CF Senior Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 654 Posts

The antennas are under the rear bumper if you're still interested. They're the things with the blue tips.

The following users liked this post:
Tommy79 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Tommy79
CF Senior Member

Thanks.. NOW. Why 2 and what type of connectors do they use? I would be interested in trying an antenna booster. Just need to know what type of connectors they use.

GM is going to look at it tomorrow. Not expected much from GM, but will give them a try.

Problems with HD signals on GM cars seems to be as normal as A8 transmission problems.

Last edited by Tommy79; 06-27-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:27 AM
Tommy79
CF Senior Member

My C7 is my first NEW american car and I getting a taste of how GM works. After the dealer checked out my radio issue the answer was "that's just the way the GM radio works." Seems GM is fine with knowing of an issue and expecting the customers to just excepted it.

Amazing these folks are still in business.......

Will enjoy my C7 (and my c3) but my expectations on support from GM are a little low.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 FM Antenna

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: