Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone use the RP3-GM11 interface?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:05 PM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Anyone use the RP3-GM11 interface?

I have a 2005 with Bose and navigation but no steering controls or Onstar. I bought a Kenwood nav unit DNX995s.But it seems the only way to get the speakers hooked up would be to cut off the RCA cables and use the wires coming out of the RP3-GM11 interface. Could this be right? The HU has six female RCA plugs but they seem to be for an external amp which I'm not using. Anyone have any know how on how to hook up?
Old 07-18-2019, 09:51 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I'm not sure about the RP3, but I would say don't cut off any of the RCA cables. If it is anything like the RP5, I had originally connected the speakers via the speaker wires and left the RCA's unplugged. Later I added an amp and replaced the speakers and I then used the RCA cable from the head unit to connect to my amp.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:02 PM
lovinmyls1
Racer

I don't want to but I'm not sure there is any other way. That's why I'm looking for someone who has used this interface before. In old posts I found by Dennis of Double D mods ( who appears to be an authority on installs) recommended this interface. Anyone use one of these?
Old 07-19-2019, 12:11 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by lovinmyls1
I don't want to but I'm not sure there is any other way. That's why I'm looking for someone who has used this interface before. In old posts I found by Dennis of Double D mods ( who appears to be an authority on installs) recommended this interface. Anyone use one of these?
If you don't use the RCA cables, no need to cut them off. Just make sure they are capped or put some electrical tape around the ends.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Klaus-96
2019 Z06 2LZ A8 Coupe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Not sure I understand the issue. Your car does have an external amp. Both the DNX995s and RP3-GM11 have RCA connectors. You should be able to plug in the RP3-GM11 jacks into the back of the DNX995s.

When using the DNX995s RCA jacks, you would just tape up the speaker output wires and not use them.

Kenwood DNX995S

PAC RP3-GM11

Last edited by Klaus-96; 07-19-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:18 AM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Klaus-96, thanks for your reply. In your pic of the RP3 there are four rca plugs white, red, green ,and black. The Kenwood manual says the top two female rca plugs on the HU are for "rear audio preout" the middle are "front audio preout" and the bottom are "subwoffer preout". I'm confused on what goes where. I would appreciate any help you can provide , thanks...…………………….Ed
Old 07-20-2019, 08:53 AM
Klaus-96
2019 Z06 2LZ A8 Coupe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

On the Kenwood you would use the front and rear jacks. Left jacks are White, Right jacks are Red.

PAC uses the colors of the wires going to the RCA plugs in their documentation, instead of the colors of the RCA jack themselves. Here are the PAC RCA color codes:

PAC Wire----------PAC RCA----------Function

White---------------White------------Front Left
Grey----------------Red--------------Front Right *** On my harness, the RCA connector is Red, not Grey
Green--------------Green------------Rear Left
Purple--------------Purple------------Rear Right

Don't forget to adjust the chime volume on the PAC.

Let us know how it works out for you!
Old 07-20-2019, 10:28 AM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Klaus-96 thank you very much! I will let you know how it works when install is done. There is a delay right now due to. the extreme heat but next week is supposed to be more moderate………………..thanks again...…………………..Ed

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use the RP3-GM11 interface?

Quick Reply: Anyone use the RP3-GM11 interface?