Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Nav/Radio not working at all of

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 08:32 PM
tuffteacher
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 Nav/Radio not working at all of

I need opinions y’all after a long day with middle schoolers to top it off my day my nav/radio is blank no workie at all. I’ve check the fuse under passenger feet several times and I’ve disconnected the negative battery cable for 5-10 minutes & still no luck. A while back when i had work done on it the clock stopped showing up I’ve since read there was a firmware update which i never did. Should i take it to the dealer for diag? Buy used original unit or go with aftermarket unit? I don’t care about radio or nav i just wanna Bluetooth to it and keep my Bose speakers. Please help MEEEE! I’ll go nuts with no tunes!

Last edited by tuffteacher; 10-09-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:34 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Go with a new aftermarket head unit. If you take it to the dealer, they will charge you a fortune. A new head unit will give you better sound quality and all the modern features you can ask for. Including bluetooth and apple CarPlay and Android Auto which will also give you navigation through your phone. You can also add a backup camera for an additional $20 if you were doing it yourself. Keeping the Bose speakers and amp is no problem, just need the correct interface wiring harness for a C6. Most use the Pac RP5-GM11.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:59 PM
don37
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

With engine running pull the fuse to the radio / ignition off / door open / plug fuse back in
Old 10-09-2020, 05:10 PM
tuffteacher
Heel & Toe

Thanks TorchRedFred that's what I wanted to here thanks so much for your advice! Don37 I will give it a try but have a feeling i'll be getting a new unit. Thanks guys

Last edited by tuffteacher; 10-09-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:05 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Hey teach...what kind of budget are you working with? I'm sure we can find you the perfect HU for your intended usage.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:29 PM
tuffteacher
Heel & Toe

you in the Dallas area? well I am a poor teacher you know LOL since I want to keep my speakers and all I think the best fit for me is a digital media receiver since I don't care about a CD player mainly bluetooth is what I want might some day sign up for XM or listen to the radio. Def don't need Nav. Budget I'd like to stay under $250 I don't need anything fancy....something that shows the time about it if I could change colors on it that would be cool if not no biggie. It would be nice if it worked with my steering wheel controls also.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tuffteacher
you in the Dallas area? well I am a poor teacher you know LOL since I want to keep my speakers and all I think the best fit for me is a digital media receiver since I don't care about a CD player mainly bluetooth is what I want might some day sign up for XM or listen to the radio. Def don't need Nav. Budget I'd like to stay under $250 I don't need anything fancy....something that shows the time about it if I could change colors on it that would be cool if not no biggie. It would be nice if it worked with my steering wheel controls also.
Unfortunately, no...I'm in NC. But if I were closer, I would totally install it for you. Corvette's are some of the easiest cars I've ever worked on. Let me do some shopping around...one BT, color changing, non-nav HU coming right up...
Old 10-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX...on-DDX396.html

Checks all your boxes.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:24 PM
tuffteacher
Heel & Toe

so I need to get a new head unit but of course I need professionals to install it so it's done right. I've priced one place for a decent basic sony X1000 apple carplay touch screen with USB all the things I'd like but with the adapter to use my factory installed amp adapter is $175 unit $275 he gave me $25 off and install with other charges it's $615 just for the head unit to be installed. What do y'all think fair price? or overpriced or can I find something even better same price. Not sure if I should go to place like best buy or car toys how knowledgeable their staff would be about corvettes. This quote was from tint world. Suggestions or should I go with the $600
Old 10-21-2020, 03:15 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Do NOT go to Best Buy!

Best bet is to find a actual car audio shop in your area to do the install. There has to be hundreds in the Dallas area. Any particular reason you don't like the unit I linked for you?
Old 10-21-2020, 05:21 PM
tuffteacher
Heel & Toe

see you saved me I was gonna go to best buy and I liked the one you sent me just fine but now it's showing out of stock and I will still have to find someone to put it in thought maybe I'd have better luck buying and having installed at the same place....get a better deal then just trying to find someone to install one. We have cartoys and some other car audio places here I guess I just need to call around.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:03 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tuffteacher
see you saved me I was gonna go to best buy and I liked the one you sent me just fine but now it's showing out of stock and I will still have to find someone to put it in thought maybe I'd have better luck buying and having installed at the same place....get a better deal then just trying to find someone to install one. We have cartoys and some other car audio places here I guess I just need to call around.
Amazon sells it...
Amazon Amazon

https://www.facebook.com/BNCSTEREO/

BNC is just down the road from you. Give them a call. DISCLAIMER: I have no experience with that shop, but they appear to have a good clientele and good reviews online.

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 10-21-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:21 PM
tuffteacher
Heel & Toe

thanks I just emailed Bonnie and Clyde. Thanks alot for your help
The following users liked this post:
Pb82 Ronin (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 09:58 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Anytime teach.