Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Moving AC contols overhead Part 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
leolufse
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Moving AC contols overhead Part 1 (crash1mac)

I used category 5e connectors with a 7' interconnect cable. It worked flawlessly! I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Right now I have the unit just temporarily in place, and need to design an enclosure for it to give it more of an "angle", it is a little difficult to see the read out. Then attempt to cut the headliner

:cry
Old 01-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Tony @ MPH
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Moving AC contols overhead Part 1 (leolufse)

I used category 5e connectors with a 7' interconnect cable. It worked flawlessly! I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Right now I have the unit just temporarily in place, and need to design an enclosure for it to give it more of an "angle", it is a little difficult to see the read out. Then attempt to cut the headliner

:cry
Glad it worked out for you. I assume the 7 foot cable is CAT5 or CAT5e, since that's a common length for those cables. If you have trouble in the future with that connection consider going to CAT6 before doing anything else drastic. Many of the CAT6 cables I've used in the past have a plastic spline inside that helps keep bleed inside the cable to a minimum.

Quick Reply: Moving AC contols overhead Part 1