Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exotic Muscle harness bar, harnesses, and my C4...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 11:49 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St: Jude Donor '10

Default Exotic Muscle harness bar, harnesses, and my C4...

Greetings, all.

I have purchased a used EM bar to put in/take out of my '94. When purchasing it I was told it would use the stock points, so that it won't damage the interior and can be returned to stock after driving events. No problem. But is there a way to install the harnesses so that it doesn't make modifications to the interior as well? I was told by one person that I can and another that I cannot. Thoughts, anyone, on how to install the harnesses without screwing up the carpet/interior of the car???

FWIW, I am looking into a track-only vette so that I can put in and leave in my racing equipment. But until then, I'd be putting this bar into my '94, which is my DD as well as my cruising/show vehicle and I want to keep it stock and without modification.

Last edited by LilR3dCorvette; 05-28-2005 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:36 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

45 views and no replies???
Old 06-03-2005, 09:49 PM
FELNGR8
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette94
45 views and no replies???
I could tell you how it works with the R-D Racing crossbar and harnesses because that's what I have. Mojo took out his EM bar and replaced it with the R-D Racing bar. That's all I know about EM.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:07 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FELNGR8
I could tell you how it works with the R-D Racing crossbar and harnesses because that's what I have. Mojo took out his EM bar and replaced it with the R-D Racing bar. That's all I know about EM.
I was gonna get the R-D racing bar but this offer fell into my lap, and couldn't refuse it. I got the EM bar, which retails for $330, for $90, in near new condition.

Help....anybody???
Old 06-04-2005, 07:45 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Help....anybody???
dude it is saturday. guys are out traking their cars or cruzin. ( i just got back home from a day at the track myself )

PPL will answer soon. sunday night or monday.

You will get there.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:21 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
dude it is saturday. guys are out traking their cars or cruzin. ( i just got back home from a day at the track myself )

PPL will answer soon. sunday night or monday.

You will get there.
No need to get sarcastic, this post has been up for over a week and no replies. I could see your remark if I just put the post up today, but that's not the case here....shouldn't you have checked the original thread post date before typing that???
Old 06-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

I am not sure how many c4ers we have here in this section...im sure alot, but the people I know on here all have c5s or c6s, so maybe that is the cause of the delay...my c5 z is my first vette, so I have no clue how to answer your question
Old 06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Don't know about the EM bar. I have the RD Racing bar.

RD Racing also sells a kit so you can install the harness lap and sub belts. The shoulder belts mount around the bar. I'd call and talk to Dave.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:41 AM
blackshark
Advanced

If I'm correct, you should be able to fasten the waist and sub belts using the OEM waist belt mounting points. Two longer M12x1.75 fasteners (60mm or 70mm), a couple of heavy duty washers and a not to act as a jam nut to hole the OEM retractor and inboard waist latching mechanism should do it. Our fastener supplier has also been able to secure us forged eye bolts in the M12 size (if you're interested in a clip-in waist/sub setup, but I'm not sure if they can get them long enough).

Although I'm not familiar with the EM harness bar, I would think the shoulder belts would loop around the bar. You may have to remove the OEM Lug Wrench from behind the drivers seat if there's not enough room.

Give me a call if you'd like to talk this through.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:21 PM
4GTWRK
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was gonna get the R-D racing bar but this offer fell into my lap, and couldn't refuse it. I got the EM bar, which retails for $330, for $90, in near new condition.

Help....anybody???
Give me a call anytime, our harness set-up will work with the EM bar.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-05-2005, 12:44 PM
FELNGR8
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R-D Racing
Give me a call anytime, our harness set-up will work with the EM bar.

Thanks,
Dave
This would be a great solution. The R-D setup bolts into the existing belt anchor locations, and the over the shoulder belts wrap around the bar. It was an easy install.

LilRed :

If you are going to be at BK on Saturday night sometime I can show you my install. It can be a little confusing but really is a simple bolt-in. I hate to drive the beltway on Thursdays, that's why I say Saturday BK.

Last edited by FELNGR8; 06-05-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:06 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Oyishdog
I am not sure how many c4ers we have here in this section...im sure alot, but the people I know on here all have c5s or c6s, so maybe that is the cause of the delay...my c5 z is my first vette, so I have no clue how to answer your question
Wow...I was told that this section would be the best place to ask this type of question, being that it IS the autoX/roadracing section. Didn't think it would be so generation-specific/exclusionary in here. Feels like I walked into C5 or C6 general, even though I didn't Don't think you meant it this way (I would hope not ), but your reply sounds a bit snooty. My C4 may be my first vette, but my second and third will be C4s, too.

Thanks to those who offered help...I will be taking you all up on it FELNGR8, I'll make it to BK on Sat and look at your set-up. Trying to get this squared away for HPDE and not destroy the interior of the car...
Old 06-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

ummm....hmmm....i think you are taking things too seriously. this is a very relaxed, laid back section of the forum and is not specific to any generation of vette...I was just merely helping you understand why you might not have received that many responses due to the fact that 90% of the people I have seen at track events and participate on this section do not have c4's....that is all...
Old 06-05-2005, 03:33 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Oyishdog
ummm....hmmm....i think you are taking things too seriously. this is a very relaxed, laid back section of the forum and is not specific to any generation of vette...I was just merely helping you understand why you might not have received that many responses due to the fact that 90% of the people I have seen at track events and participate on this section do not have c4's....that is all...
Not taking it seriously really, just calling it as I see it...an observation I made here. FWIW, most of the people I know personally who are big into racing and go to the same events I do all have C4s. Since you say that most of the people on this board don't have C4s they race, I won't be posting here very much and will look for help elsewhere.

NBD, I'm getting some good help from a few other people here, it's all good...
Old 06-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

OK...well that is good you found help. Good luck!

Oh, and dont rule out this section. I have learned more in here (not c5 specific) then anywhere. This particular thread is not the norm.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:27 AM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

I know that the shoulder belts loop around the bar...not the issue here...more concerned about how the rest of it mounts. Trying not to mess with the interior of this car, will be getting a track-only car at some point but it won't be bought before the June 20 HPDE.

FELNGR8, what time will you be at BK on this Saturday???
Old 06-07-2005, 11:48 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Wow...I was told that this section would be the best place to ask this type of question, being that it IS the autoX/roadracing section. Didn't think it would be so generation-specific/exclusionary in here. Feels like I walked into C5 or C6 general, even though I didn't Don't think you meant it this way (I would hope not ), but your reply sounds a bit snooty.

Don't worry there's a few of us non-C5/6's here

My C4 may be my first vette, but my second and third will be C4s, too.
Me too

Back to your question, I've got a hardbar in mine, no interior mods required at all.

Get notified of new replies

To Exotic Muscle harness bar, harnesses, and my C4...

Quick Reply: Exotic Muscle harness bar, harnesses, and my C4...