Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eradispeed Slotted Only?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
C5X2C
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eradispeed Slotted Only?

Anyone running slotted only Eradispeed rotos at the track think they are worth it?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Rotors get the heck beat out of them. They are really consumable items.

Yes they will work just fine. The question is will they last longer then non-slotted rotors?? Two things. slotted rotors tend to shave brake pads so your brake pad will need to be replaced much sooner. Brake pads have slots in them so they are almost self cleaning.

The other is Cost vs use. SLotted rotors do cost more but does one really get more use out of them??

NAPA - Raybestos rotors are $25-27 each. so $110 for a set of 4 rotors. Most ppl get plenty of track weekends out of them. I really dont think any slotted rotor will get more weekends then the normal Raybestos rotor. So is it worth the cost? Probely not. DO they stop better?? No, not at all.

But hey I am just one guy.

Good luck
Old 06-08-2005, 08:55 PM
MattW_VA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Agree fullly with Tom. I have used slotted/drilled rotors in the past. I believe they provide a little more initial bite (plenty will disagree) and I believe there is a small benefit to be had from "scraping" the pads clean (plenty will likely disagree with this as well).

Overall definitely not worth it in my opinion.

I have read the *endless" debates about drilled/slotted rotors but one thing I don't read too frequently-I bet the drilled rotors help a bunch in the rain!

Get notified of new replies

To Eradispeed Slotted Only?

Quick Reply: Eradispeed Slotted Only?