Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search Disabled - Trailer Tie Down for C5s?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:40 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Search Disabled - Trailer Tie Down for C5s?

I know there have been threads on using T hooks, factory locations and straps to tie down C5s on trailers. Mine looks secure - but a confirmatory picture or discussion would make me feel better on the road tomorrow.....
Old 11-24-2005, 03:25 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the T-hooks in the factory shipping points (where we put the jacking "pucks") and proper ratcheting tie downs "X'ed" front and rear, you should be good to go

I keep the car in neutral, but I do set the parking brake (since I use a Kwik load trailer, I have to do that anyway...to keep the car in place while I pull the trailer bed forward).
Old 11-24-2005, 05:09 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Here are a few pics over the past year

T hooks in the shipping / jacking puck holes with 5000 lbs ratchet straps

Jeff

a few other things that help.

have the front two trailer tires about 3-4 psi less then the rear two. This helps prevent the trailer from bouncing down the highway and the trailer tracks better behind the truck.

Bring boards anyway. longer ramps, I have 1"x12" boards I bring. two are 2 feet long and two are 4 feet long.
Plus several other boards / wooded blocks. Never can seem to find a totally level place for the trailer or have to jack up the trailer more.

Blocks for the wheels.

Rember to take the car out of gear before you tow and put it into gear when before you unhook the straps.

Have fun are Barber

Last edited by AU N EGL; 11-24-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Here are a few pics over the past year

T hooks in the shipping / jacking puck holes with 5000 lbs ratchet straps

Jeff

a few other things that help.

have the front two trailer tires about 3-4 psi less then the rear two. This helps prevent the trailer from bouncing down the highway and the trailer tracks better behind the truck.

Bring boards anyway. longer ramps, I have 1"x12" boards I bring. two are 2 feet long and two are 4 feet long.
Plus several other boards / wooded blocks. Never can seem to find a totally level place for the trailer or have to jack up the trailer more.

Blocks for the wheels.

Rember to take the car out of gear before you tow and put it into gear when before you unhook the straps.

Have fun are Barber

Thanks guys!

I had put the T hooks in the slots and X'd the tiedowns - but it looked way to simple!

Thanks for the trailer tips and putting it into neutral - it was but I was not 100% confident it was correct.

I borrowed a really nice open trailer from a guy at work (thanks Geoff) for this weekend and VIR next weekend. He had a ZO6 then went Spec Miata and M3 - I am trying to bring him back over to torque and HP. White truck, red trailer, blue corvette - life is good.

I loaded lots of wood blocks and board pieces since it is Barber and they are very protective of their surfaces.

Really looking forward to running at Barber this weekend. My Mom declined a ride at the track - what is up with that

She must have heard about the Black Flag at CMP
Old 11-24-2005, 09:39 PM
gpm30236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What time you driving over, ? look for black denali with white trailer. with C5 decal on the back door.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:00 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gpm30236
What time you driving over, ? look for black denali with white trailer. with C5 decal on the back door.

Plan on leaving here around 9-10 (depends when I can get my 13 yeard old up and out). I will be the White F-250 with a blue ZO6 on a red open trailer. Where is Jonesboro - I am basically in Augusta.

Get notified of new replies

To Search Disabled - Trailer Tie Down for C5s?

Quick Reply: Search Disabled - Trailer Tie Down for C5s?