Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo II this weekend, Long Island NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default Solo II this weekend, Long Island NY

Hi everyone, the NY Region will be having an event this weekend at Nassau Coliseum, its limited entry (due to an Islanders game) so get there early (before 8am).

Look for me I drive a Black 00 Vette, #2 ASP. My name is Tom and I am the Chief Tech Inspector for the region. Good luck!
Old 04-12-2006, 07:56 PM
ace996
Pro

Tom L?...no more FBody???
Unfortunately, I will not be able to drive...but I might be able to make it for support. Is Bo designing the course again?...you may need to slip him some cash to keep him from designing another "miata-friendly" couse..

By mid-May, I should have a new SM2 weapon...Maggie'd Z06, so we'll have plenty of fun then....saving for the "design a Vette-friendly course" fund for Bo

Good luck, and give Cairone a taste of the 'ol V-8!
-ace996 (former pilot of Black MR2Spyder CSP)

*quick tech question...
What's your take on meth/water injection? Legal? Illegal?? I'm going to need some help to keep detonation away this summer.

Also, the LongIslandCorvetteOwnersAssociation(LICO A) will be running with the NYBMWCCA this season...should be an interesting summer...

Last edited by ace996; 04-12-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ace996
Tom L?...no more FBody???
Unfortunately, I will not be able to drive...but I might be able to make it for support. Is Bo designing the course again?...you may need to slip him some cash to keep him from designing another "miata-friendly" couse..

By mid-May, I should have a new SM2 weapon...Maggie'd Z06, so we'll have plenty of fun then....saving for the "design a Vette-friendly course" fund for Bo

Good luck, and give Cairone a taste of the 'ol V-8!
-ace996 (former pilot of Black MR2Spyder CSP)

*quick tech question...
What's your take on meth/water injection? Legal? Illegal?? I'm going to need some help to keep detonation away this summer.

Also, the LongIslandCorvetteOwnersAssociation(LICO A) will be running with the NYBMWCCA this season...should be an interesting summer...

Hey whats up man... Yeah sold the TA to buy the Vette, got a promotion at work so I needed to spice things up hehe. Plus the TA just hit 100k miles I wasnt ready to put money into it. Bo has been pretty gentle to us larger vehicled people lately, the Test and Tune course was pretty good. I look forward to your new wheels!

As for Cairone he is gonna wax me, LOL. I may even install my Hypertech power programmer and just run SM2 if there is a little less competition.

hmmm... Meth/Water Injection, good question, I unfortunately do not have my rulebook nearby, but Id say the ONLY class that may allow it is SM or SM2, but even then I dont know if it is allowed.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:49 PM
ace996
Pro

Congrats on the promo and the new wheels. Now...now...that little MCoupe and driver are fast but your kung-fu is good, and with a much more competitive platform with the Vette you should be able to give some drivers real problems. Give it time...I'll bet that with the proper tires/suspension, you'll be a real contender. Forget about the class, doesn't matter,...go for FTD.

I really miss the Spyder, is was a great cone-dodger. My current car...the 4door Vette, is not holding up and tranny/diff problems have just been a nightmare. I look forward to a proper resolution to the issue so I can have the other LS6'd beast...the Z06.

Good luck this weekend and I look forward to making it down a little more this summer.
Be good,
Tom

Last edited by ace996; 04-12-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:52 AM
stickystuff
Racer

what day?

how does the day run?

how much?

thanks
Old 04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by stickystuff
what day?

how does the day run?

how much?

thanks

Saturday April 15th, the cost is I belive $30 for non-SCCA members, you will probably get 5 to 6 runs, we will be ending at about 3 pm. Its a limited event so you MUST get there early to ensure you can run!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:33 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

you brought a corvette !!!!!!!! holy shisters!!!!!!
and you out did me too! I brought a 96 and I havn't seen you since!

My Formula Firebird has been retired from auto-xing, and just sits in the garage, and as you figured out, I too retired from autoxing, and took up the track event thing. sure beats 6 minutes of cones and sun burn.

I can't believe your still doing cones !!!

Send my regards to Mitch, and everyone else whom I used to know........
Old 04-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by larryfs
you brought a corvette !!!!!!!! holy shisters!!!!!!
and you out did me too! I brought a 96 and I havn't seen you since!

My Formula Firebird has been retired from auto-xing, and just sits in the garage, and as you figured out, I too retired from autoxing, and took up the track event thing. sure beats 6 minutes of cones and sun burn.

I can't believe your still doing cones !!!

Send my regards to Mitch, and everyone else whom I used to know........
Yeah I saw your vette once and then you disappeared.

I love it on the track but the Vette is my only car. I take the Skip Barber cars out there, if I wreck them I still have a way to get home (and I already did put one into the wall at Limerock).

I'll send your regards... except Mitch isnt around anymore, he got banned 2 years ago after he totaled a new member's Neon SRT-4 during the Novice driving school... He lost it at the finish and ran over the curbed island with it!!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:32 PM
ace996
Pro

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader

I'll send your regards... except Mitch isnt around anymore, he got banned 2 years ago after he totaled a new member's Neon SRT-4 during the Novice driving school... He lost it at the finish and ran over the curbed island with it!!
Ran over??? He slammed that curb and launched the car a good 2 feet in the air, landing sideways on two wheels...tucked the wheels under the car. It was amazing how the car didn't roll.
That was the most fkuced-up thing I've ever seen at an autox...and the sad thing was that it was the driving school.

After that incident, my two students packed-up and left.

Now we don't drive anyone's car anymore....damn.
-ace
Old 04-14-2006, 03:11 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

at my first auto-x ever, (it was at the colisum), this guy rolled his VW.
they had a right hand turn where the cement had sunken down, and this little VW just went right over.

luckily for him it had a full cage.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:15 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

I still can't believe mitch did that !!!
that's how long I've been out of auto-x, especially when he should have been running 80% with someone else's car....

Do the johnsons still run there ??, and salenro?
and Mark V?

I once let Mark's wife run my Firebird, and she spun it around, with my new hooisers. That was a mistake letting her run my car, but luckily nothing happened.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Yeah Mitch was lucky he didnt roll it, or that guy didnt pound his skull in. A few people left, some never came back after that. I NEVER drive anyone elses car above 80%, especially if im teaching them at a novice school and they are in the passenger seat! Mitch always drove like a nut, Mitch went out on a run once with no helmet, good guy just a bit absent minded, and he blamed everything but himself for the accident when he had a MILE of room to slow the heck down....

The Johnsons showed up once or twice last year, Salerno I havent seen in a long time. Mark is the chairman now. I have let Lisa run my trans am multiple times, shes very respectful to the car and has never pushed it over the edge. Me and Bo co drove my TA most of last season, my V700s were screaming for mercy by the end LOL. Competitiion in FS is thin, I was champ the past 2 years, Mark rarely runs his Camaro anymore. Noone is touching the vette however.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
ace996
Pro

Nobody touches the Vette!!!...oh, and they're gonna beg..beg...beg to get behind that wheel!!!!

Never give in, ever.

Good luck tomorrow and Happy Easter,
ace
Old 04-14-2006, 09:33 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

so you got my FS crown, cool. I still have the Jacket though. just that 1 year they gave out jackets, and only plaques after that... maybe 1 day I'll stop down to say hello.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Rogue Leader
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by larryfs
so you got my FS crown, cool. I still have the Jacket though. just that 1 year they gave out jackets, and only plaques after that... maybe 1 day I'll stop down to say hello.
We got Jackets for 2004 also

I look forward to ya stopping by!

Get notified of new replies

To Solo II this weekend, Long Island NY

Quick Reply: Solo II this weekend, Long Island NY