Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Un-nascar Tv, Oct 10/6-8

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:00 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slalom4me
Talk about your upside down world, they have de Cadenet working the
Barrett Jackson gigs chatting about 60's muscle cars and one-off
SoCal customs. Just not his cuppa ...

Gad, the dental bills that guy must have as a result of gritting his teeth.

I caught the C&D article. The power boats on the rivers in Europe
and the air races are just some of the coverage I miss from the
SPEED CHANNEL days.

That's about Alain's only weakness is old American muscle cars. Do you notice when they have a muscle car on the block, they either don't use Alain or have him comment on something like the fit and finish of the car?

B-J started out with European cars of Alain's expertise and the market has now moved to muscle cars. That's why they hired on guys like Steve Magnante from Hot Rod Magazine and Brock Yates.

I miss the old Speed Channel too. I could do with a LOT less NASCAR coverage. That's why I get so pissed off about NASCAR. I get mad because it's displacing a lot of the racing that I love to watch. I didn't have a problem when NASCAR was predominantly on TNT because I never watched TNT.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:06 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
When I went to a F1 race in Montral back in 84, the scream of the V12 Ferrari engine was unbelivable.

A lady I was kinda dating before mycurrent wife of 15 months asked what my three most favorite pieces of music were?

I said, " Do you REALLY want to know?" She said, " Of course"

I said, OK

number 3 : The Scream of a Ferrari V12 engine at 18,000 rpms
NUmber 2: The deep rumble of the small bock chevy at 6000 rpms with open exhaust flying by.

and Number 1: Cranking over the small block chevy with open exhaust.

Music to my heart and ears.
I'd have to agree, but I'd flip your list upside down.

BTW.. Have you ever heard a Yamaha V-Max with aftermarket pipes? It sounds just like a small block Chevy with a cam in it. I never liked the bike nearly as much as the sound of it with open pipes.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by xsiveone
BTW.. Have you ever heard a Yamaha V-Max with aftermarket pipes? It sounds just like a small block Chevy with a cam in it. I never liked the bike nearly as much as the sound of it with open pipes.
Ohhhh Yahhhh that is a sweet sound.

Good thing my Wife has her own Vette and loves the sound on my car.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Slalom4me
The power boats on the rivers in Europe
and the air races are just some of the coverage I miss from the
SPEED CHANNEL days.

I've been trying to follow the Red Bull Air Race World Series; it's shown on Fox Sports here locally but I haven't found a decent program schedule listing the programing far enough in advance to record the races.

Talk about speed (close to 300MPH), and pulling G's (+10/-7), those guys are insane!

http://www.redbullcopilot.com/
Old 10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by joemoia
I've been trying to follow the Red Bull Air Race World Series; it's shown on Fox Sports here locally but I haven't found a decent program schedule listing the programing far enough in advance to record the races.

Talk about speed (close to 300MPH), and pulling G's (+10/-7), those guys are insane!

http://www.redbullcopilot.com/
I grew up in the Detroit area and we'd always go down to the river and watch the hydroplanes. That was awesome, especially before they all went to turbine engines. The sound of those old Allison aircraft engines were very impressive!

We'd also watch the off shore races, but we'd only see them once or twice maybe at the beginning and end of the race. They start out at the Detroit River and head up Lake St. Clair. Off Shore boats aren't really a very good spectator sport unless you're in a helicopter or can run along side them.

Quick Reply: Un-nascar Tv, Oct 10/6-8