Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA Run Offs

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Some of those Vipppper guys are looking at running NASA VVC or GPC next year.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Jaymz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why.. I have been riding that horse for the last three years and it aint going no where. That is why I will be in a t1/t2 car next year.

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Some of those Vipppper guys are looking at running NASA VVC or GPC next year.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:03 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

autocrossing and road racing is the SUB-TITLE of the CORVETTE FORUM.

Is there NO viper forum???
Is there NO SCCA T1 forum???

Maybe all the spec miata guys should come here too, and all the formula ford guys.

I for one like hearing about the CORVETTE's, and how the T1 guys prep their cars. And how they offer us their used race rubber. and watching their video's. That is all fine and dandy. They are around here ALL YEAR long, not just every SEPT.

As for as the SCCA Politics...... not my thing.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Jaymz
Pro

Dude.. just don't read it.. Other people on here like to see the info. With almost 6000 page views it's a popular topic.

Originally Posted by the blur

Maybe all the spec miata guys should come here too, and all the formula ford guys.

I for one like hearing about the CORVETTE's, and how the T1 guys prep their cars. And how they offer us their used race rubber. and watching their video's. That is all fine and dandy. They are around here ALL YEAR long, not just every SEPT.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
racetex
Advanced

Jaymz it would be great to get the car counts up in both old t1 and new t1. What division? We would love and need to have some new drivers.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Jaymz
Pro

Jeff.. I will be in Cendiv.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:14 PM
racetex
Advanced

I see you are from Ohio that would put you with us in the Cen/Div. Drop me a pm with your number if you need any help. I need some help taking down the new National Champ!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:08 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

This is for the "I guess it can happen" folder for those that think a car qualifying two seconds faster than another must be an overdog:

In 2005 at the June Sprints our own Lance Knupp earned the pole with a blazing 2:24.900 lap. The next closest qualifer was Pete Looby (a pretty good shoe in his own right) at a 2:27.094...two seconds slower!

Both drivers were piloting Corvettes.

So...what happened in the race?

Pete Looby won when Lance made one of his few driving errors. Fast laps were:

Pete Looby 2:28.6XX
Lance Knupp 2:28.8XX

So with everyone so uptight about SBW's fast qualifying time, it just shows that even in equal cars there can be those qualifying spreads.

Jason, my last comments were really made in jest. Janet did ask me that, and that was her response. I thought it was funny and wanted to share with everyone. No harm meant, trust me.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of us like hearing what's going on so we can know how to consider our options in the future. Why is it such a big deal for you that other brand owners are here? So I guess since I sold my Vette and bought a BMW, I can't post anymore? Bullshyte!

Don't like it? Don't read it... that simple...

Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Myself, I think this is some interesting dialog and I hope the T1 participants continue it.

When I come across a TV show I don't like, I switch channels, I don't call the station and tell them to remove the show.

As Jaymz says, with 6,000 views, many people like it a bunch. I don't remember any topic on here getting that activity, not even oil coolers.

I hang around and participate on many other car forums and I hope they don't make marque ownership a requisite for participation.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
This is for the "I guess it can happen" folder for those that think a car qualifying two seconds faster than another must be an overdog:

In 2005 at the June Sprints our own Lance Knupp earned the pole with a blazing 2:24.900 lap. The next closest qualifer was Pete Looby (a pretty good shoe in his own right) at a 2:27.094...two seconds slower!

Both drivers were piloting Corvettes.

So...what happened in the race?

Pete Looby won when Lance made one of his few driving errors. Fast laps were:

Pete Looby 2:28.6XX
Lance Knupp 2:28.8XX

So with everyone so uptight about SBW's fast qualifying time, it just shows that even in equal cars there can be those qualifying spreads.

Jason, my last comments were really made in jest. Janet did ask me that, and that was her response. I thought it was funny and wanted to share with everyone. No harm meant, trust me.
Dave, This goes back to what I was saying earlier... Look, you've owned and raced both a C5 AND a Viper... How much more in consumables is the vette eating? These Vette guys are having to push the car WAY HARDER to keep them competitive. From what I heard, Lance's car was completely toast by the time the race was over... It boils down to the two vehicles not being comperably competitive. Can the Vette run at the same pace? Sure. But it's having to run a lot harder to keep pace.

Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jaymz
I don't know why.. I have been riding that horse for the last three years and it aint going no where. That is why I will be in a t1/t2 car next year.

So Jaymz I should just bag converting my car and buy a used C5ZO6 T1/2 and go from there?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Hey Folks:

You should have one more new T1 driver coming from the T1 anemic west coast contingent. I just bought CJ Johnson's yellow #55 car. I will be running the local regionals and let's see what happens for me from there....
Old 10-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Jaymz
Pro

So Jaymz I should just bag converting my car and buy a used C5ZO6 T1/2 and go from there?
That is what I did.

BTW Anybody looking for a 550HP VVCx Vette?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:51 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

James has been lobbying heavily for me to either convert one of my cars or buy a T1 car also........unfortuneatly I would have to de-mod either of my cars , which doesn't seem right
Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
racetex
Advanced

Step right I got em both

I have a 2003 Phoenix car for sale.

I also have a 2005 T1 Viper sale.

PM me for details.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
James has been lobbying heavily for me to either convert one of my cars or buy a T1 car also........unfortuneatly I would have to de-mod either of my cars , which doesn't seem right
De-mod? I know that one too.

Maybe we have to start a didding war here.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA Run Offs

Old 10-24-2006, 06:21 PM
LVKnupp
Advanced

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Actually Toby Grahovac was on the outside pole and was only 1.2 seconds behind me. Also remember that the Naykid Vipers were on hand and were about 3 seconds of the pace and now are 2 seconds faster than the pace, that is one hell of an amazing 5 second time gain.

Last edited by LVKnupp; 10-24-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:24 PM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Jaymz and Olitho: great to have more folks stepping in! Jeff (Racetex) is a good guy and is genuine about his offer of help.

For those griping about Viper folks, or who don't like the post- don't read the thread! Jeff and Dave have also both raced Corvettes in T1 (and Jeff still owns one or two), so they are more than qualified to speak (even if we don't agree!).

Great to see two more guys stepping in!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Bugeater
Instructor

Why are the viper guys even on the CF ???

The viper guys should get some RUN FLATs, and go back to their own forum
You are a Jackass. 1st, grab this concept: Some of us dont identify our whole persona by a car brand. It is possible to like more than one car! We are car guys - we dont just consume beer manufactured in St. Louis and quite possibly listen to opinions opposite our own political affiliation, religion etc... Why? because it might help gain a better understanding of the topic. Take the blinders off. Its not that scary!

You wouldnt even know I drove a Viper if my original Corvetteforum ID wasnt lost *IN 1999* when the old forum crashed. Then I was Chief Wiggum and I had my ol head/cam/nitrous 98 vert before anyone even knew crap about the LS1.

Second and the most important point is that this is a roadracing forum, and I frequent it because I love the vette, and quite frankly there are alot more hard-core drivers in vettes posting quality information on the subject here than what you can find on the viper forums.

Quick Reply: SCCA Run Offs