Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race seat mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Race seat mounting?

Do you guys know if the stock ZO6 seat can be just unbolted from the motorized seat base so that I can fab up a connection of my race seat right too it? Does anyone know if there is another vette slidding seatbase that can be made to fit the ZO6 with minimal work to lower it so my overall seat height is lower with my helmeted head?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:22 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Billybob,
Yes you can undue the lower seat cover, and pull cover and padding up to expose the 4 fasteners that unbolt the seat from the frame/power transmission assy. Depending on what kind of seat you have , this will lower the seating position somewhat , but not a whole bunch . I used the Sparco Evo with Sparco aluminum side brackets and by making one rear bracket ( across frame/transmission rear mounting locations) was able to make my Sparco Evo 6-way power/memory. You can also obtain a passenger manual slider frame assy and use that on the drivers side and basically mount the same way.

These set-ups work as good or better than any ifyou need the seat to be adjustable immediately.

If you need more headroom and require a more solid mounting , then your only real option is to do the Hardbar seat mount kit. I have the Hardbar kit in the roadcourse car , and the 6-way power Sparco in the auto x car. The harbar kit is more significantly rigid mounted than the adjustable seat which is good, and sits what feels like 2-3 inches lower.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:37 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 164 Posts

Thank You for your help! Merry X-mas.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:24 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your welcome.....and a Very Merry Christmas to you an all.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:56 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The Hard Bar seat mount is the way to go.

Once you have your race seat mounted on the hard bar rails, then switching in and out with the stock seat only takes 20 or so min.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:20 AM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Billybob,
Yes you can undue the lower seat cover, and pull cover and padding up to expose the 4 fasteners that unbolt the seat from the frame/power transmission assy. Depending on what kind of seat you have , this will lower the seating position somewhat , but not a whole bunch . I used the Sparco Evo with Sparco aluminum side brackets and by making one rear bracket ( across frame/transmission rear mounting locations) was able to make my Sparco Evo 6-way power/memory. You can also obtain a passenger manual slider frame assy and use that on the drivers side and basically mount the same way.

These set-ups work as good or better than any ifyou need the seat to be adjustable immediately.

If you need more headroom and require a more solid mounting , then your only real option is to do the Hardbar seat mount kit. I have the Hardbar kit in the roadcourse car , and the 6-way power Sparco in the auto x car. The harbar kit is more significantly rigid mounted than the adjustable seat which is good, and sits what feels like 2-3 inches lower.

RaftRacer...old post I know..but do you have any images of how you attached you race seat to the stock rails..

Ive done sort of the same thing with my Camaro..shot of the rough mock up..I cleaned it up when finally installed

But ended up sitting too high..Im 6'1"..and had to resort to using the Corbeau rails..which never let me sit EXACTLY how I wanted to

Last edited by BitViper; 03-15-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Race seat mounting?

Quick Reply: Race seat mounting?