Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire Suit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
RusherRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fire Suit Questions

I live up in the boon docks of South Dakota and need a fire suit. It looks like my only option is going to mail order one. I do 3-5 track days a year and run in the SORC. I believe a SFI 3.2/1 one piece with long underwear shoudl be suffecient. Does anyone recommend one over other? I have been looking at the GForce GF125, the Pyrotect single layer, and the bell pro single layer. I have also been looking at the Pyrotect long underwear... SFI approved cheap but not sure how safe or the quality. I have the Pyrotect SA2005 helmet and love it.

any recommendations or "that suit is junk".

I would like to order this as soon as possible so i can get it here try it on and take care of any issues before the SORC in Aug.

Also I have been looking at the size charts and I have a quick ?
here we go gals my dimensions... :o
290lbs- Height 6' 3" wear a 42" x 32" pant and XXL shirts. Dress shirts are 18in neck, 37in sleeve. A little pudgy around the middle very broad in the shoulders and long arms... I am not sure if I should go XXL or XXXL any recommendations from the big guys out there?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Get at least a two layer if not a 3 layer suit. and yes the SFI3.2/1 rated.

Any brand that fits is more important then the name on the suite. Just like a helmet FIT first.

Look at some of the web sites., Many have body sizes of their suits.

There are also close out sales all over the place

OGracing.com has suits on sale quite often

Saferacer.com

Discoverymotorsports.com

plus other sites

Good Luck
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 AM
1lapRacer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my new suit in the mail a couple of days ago from Saferacer. I ordered the Gforce GF525 - two layer sfi3.2a/5. Seems like a good suit and fits very nicely. It is about $300 and by the time you buy a single layer suit and nomex underwear, you are talking about spending $225 or so.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:07 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Go three layer. I bought a brand new (in the bag) 3 layer suit here on the forum for $250 just last month. Check around. A really good top name suit is not over $1000. I'd try this forum or one of the forum vendors.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I went with a custom made Teamtech because any suit that fits my shoulders, is like circus tent on my butt. Teamtech made me one with all of my company (Hardbar) logos on it for less that a grand (the huge embroidered logo's were like $300 of the cost). This way you get a suit that is made for you in USA, in any color(s), amount of layers etc. Call or write for a quote.
Gary Hoffman
hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073

Get notified of new replies

To Fire Suit Questions

Quick Reply: Fire Suit Questions