Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have an actual agenda for upcoming Sebring 12 HR

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Anyone have an actual agenda for upcoming Sebring 12 HR

Trying to make some plans to attend in March. I know gates open Wednesday and race is saturday. Just trying to find out practice time and qualifying dates.

Also open, to list of hotels that can be had. I am assuming most local hotels are already booked for 2009 race.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:41 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Look for last years schedule for an approximation. Team start to arrive on Tuesday.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went last year and would love to go again this year since Ill be living in south Alabama by March which is much closer to Sebring then Texas. We just camped out on the infield and it was a blast! It certainly makes the trip cheaper without the hotel costs and you don't have to worry about travel to and from the race track. Be sure to check out the Corvette Coral stuff.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

I almost need a hotel. About a 1300 mile ride from WI to Sebring. I'll be ready for decent bed.

I did a search and no hotels availble in immedate area. I may be looking @ hotels up to 50 miles away.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chalky
Trying to make some plans to attend in March. I know gates open Wednesday and race is saturday. Just trying to find out practice time and qualifying dates.

Also open, to list of hotels that can be had. I am assuming most local hotels are already booked for 2009 race.
Here is last years schedule, you should just be able to change the dates starting on Fri with it becoming the 13th etc.. with race day being the 21st. And testing should start on Mon.16th after the teams start setting up over the weekend.

L.P.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chalky
I almost need a hotel. About a 1300 mile ride from WI to Sebring. I'll be ready for decent bed.

I did a search and no hotels availble in immedate area. I may be looking @ hotels up to 50 miles away.
Leave a day or so early and stop 100 or so miles out at a hotel the night before you plan to arrive, then drive in and camp.

L.P.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:32 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Leave a day or so early and stop 100 or so miles out at a hotel the night before you plan to arrive, then drive in and camp.

L.P.
Camping is the best! Most of the infield is one big party and everyone is cool. Half the people there don't even care that there is racing going on because they are so drunk!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
cebars
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WBHighwind
Camping is the best! Most of the infield is one big party and everyone is cool. Half the people there don't even care that there is racing going on because they are so drunk!

Haven't been to Sebring but staying in the camping area at Road America meant easy access to the garage areas early in the AM and late in the day. Got there early on Wednesday and the teams had lots of time to answer questions. By Friday afternoon, we avoided interfering with prep. Was surprised that top guys like the Audi Crew Chief and Doug Fehan were so friendly and accommodating in the garage area. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

If you don't like tenting, rent an RV in or near Sebring (assuming that they allow RV's which RA did).

Do they have proper showers at Sebring camping area? I could not find more than a couple of filthy shower stalls at RA.

Do they rent golf carts for 4 at Sebring?

Last edited by cebars; 12-04-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:35 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Sebring showers aren't great but not too bad. They are FITHY by Saturday morning though. Luckily we've always had an RV. Head over to SebringFans.com for more information and for a good place to hang out for Thursday night. We usually end up at infamous Turn 10! Hope to see ya there.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Shakedown:

OK, I registered @ sebringfans. Thanks for the link.

Coming in Thursday and will probably attend track Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions for good spots for viewing and parking cars? I believe their is a TA race Friday based on alts year's schedule. I would like to see that and also visit paddock if possible on Friday.

Appreciate any tips?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Watch out for Fire Ants!

L.P.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts