Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come join ECS at NJMSP on Aug 17th and 18th

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice video. what kind of speeds did you hit on the straight?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:12 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I never really look at the speedo on track, but the instructor i had with me that day was trying to get me to carry more speed through the carousel turn & front straight. So he had me counting off mph... the highest i saw was 146... but, after a 25-30 minute session my brakes just laughed at me and i put the car off when the pedal headed for the floor. The rotors were still over 500 degrees after a cool down lap and getting though the pits. So in this session i was a bit more reserved setting up for turn but still in the in the upper 130's/140 range. Both Lightning and Thunderbolt are a blast and sooo close to home!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:20 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I forgot to mention that this was my first track day with the Pfadt coil over on the car... and I gotta say i love these things.... I had them set on 14 front and 16 rear and the car felt like a go cart~! Dial them back to 7/9 and it rode beautiful on the way home.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 PM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

I think I'm going to sign up for the July event. Just a few questions:

I've been through a day of Skip Barber, so I've had the basic lesson and did a number of laps at Lime Rock, I assume I would still be going as a beginner. Do beginners get an instructor?

How much time on the track?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:39 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwoolyg
I think I'm going to sign up for the July event. Just a few questions:

I've been through a day of Skip Barber, so I've had the basic lesson and did a number of laps at Lime Rock, I assume I would still be going as a beginner. Do beginners get an instructor?

How much time on the track?

You would be in the beginners group to start, however if you are clearly over skilled for the group, we will sign you off and bring you up to the next run group.

being that this thread was for last years event, if you wouldn't mind, please post in the July event thread so others do not think this is a date for this year and mark it in their race schedule.

Thanks, Doug

Quick Reply: Come join ECS at NJMSP on Aug 17th and 18th