Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbotech Performance Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Default Carbotech Performance Brakes

It has come to our attention that there are some individuals/companies selling Carbotech products on the internet & they are NOT actual distributors for us. One such company is jdm hub. Please be careful when purchasing our products via the web. All of our certified dealers are listed on our website, ctbrakes.com. I personally have had customers call me after they have placed an order with such companies as jdm hub, letting me know that they received an email stating that their order had been cancelled. We do sell our products direct to our customers. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via private message, email (adam@ctbrakes.com) or by phone (216-780-8825). You may also contact Carbotech directly. We are happy to take the time to discuss any questions that you may have about our products. I personally have worked with many people on this forum & those that I have know that I am an honorable business man & stand behind our products. And remember, we offer a 7% discount for all forum members!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi Adam, I just received the order I placed through THMotorsports; I had asked TH to either send them to me, or make note for you guys to include it in the shipment, but I need new Black- Carbotech vinyl to put on some newly repaired body panels for SCCA. Do you want me to call in? Or should I contact TH?

Thanks,
Chris Ronson Jr
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Hi Adam, I just received the order I placed through THMotorsports; I had asked TH to either send them to me, or make note for you guys to include it in the shipment, but I need new Black- Carbotech vinyl to put on some newly repaired body panels for SCCA. Do you want me to call in? Or should I contact TH?

Thanks,
Chris Ronson Jr
Call me 216-780-8825
Old 03-17-2010, 04:44 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by carbotech adam
It has come to our attention that there are some individuals/companies selling Carbotech products on the internet & they are NOT actual distributors for us. One such company is jdm hub. Please be careful when purchasing our products via the web. All of our certified dealers are listed on our website, ctbrakes.com. I personally have had customers call me after they have placed an order with such companies as jdm hub, letting me know that they received an email stating that their order had been cancelled. We do sell our products direct to our customers. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via private message, email (adam@ctbrakes.com) or by phone (216-780-8825). You may also contact Carbotech directly. We are happy to take the time to discuss any questions that you may have about our products. I personally have worked with many people on this forum & those that I have know that I am an honorable business man & stand behind our products. And remember, we offer a 7% discount for all forum members!
Geez, you know you guys have made it to the big time when people are pirating your stuff!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:14 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Geez, you know you guys have made it to the big time when people are pirating your stuff!

So how does a company like jdm hub get enough quantity of product to make it worth while?

Is it China knock off pads?

That would be pretty scary for racing products.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Greywolfe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using and really like the Carbotech XP 10/8 combo and really like them. I called them up with questions and they are very helpful. Also fast delivery.

I did not realize about the 7% discount for forums members. I'll have to mention that on my next purchase.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by froggy47
So how does a company like jdm hub get enough quantity of product to make it worth while?

That would be pretty scary for racing products.
We do not know, we dont sell them product it seems to be a website where thats just it a website. they are taking orders than cancelling them on customers. All of our dealers are required to sell at the same price. We do not let dealers advertise sale prices!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Drug Delivery
Drifting

And remember, we offer a 7% discount for all forum members!
It's a good thing I forgot to call you back yesterday and order pads 'cause I didn't know this.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47

Those are the CAW-BO-TECHS
Old 04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
NewFoundPower
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SIK02SS

Thanks,
Chris Ronson Jr
Is TH Motorsports an authorized distributor? I was going to order some pads through them since they're cheaper, but I don't want to get knock-offs!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Adam, I got my new pads installed today, I'll be bedding them in tomarrow and going to the track to check them out, Thanks!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I highly recommend ordering direct from the company. An added benefit to doing so is that if you are at a track event Carbotech is supporting, a really pretty girl named Janine will deliver the brake pads.

I do have to warn you, though, that she is married and her husband is a big 'un...

Originally Posted by NewFoundPower
Is TH Motorsports an authorized distributor? I was going to order some pads through them since they're cheaper, but I don't want to get knock-offs!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 AM
bearnest
Pro

Just how big is he and how fast can he run??? All jokes aside call company direct and get a dealer close to you. Had good luck with there product but went thru there pads fast.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by NewFoundPower
Call me 216-780-8825
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
I highly recommend ordering direct from the company. An added benefit to doing so is that if you are at a track event Carbotech is supporting, a really pretty girl named Janine will deliver the brake pads.

I do have to warn you, though, that she is married and her husband is a big 'un...
LOL
Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by 05C6GAC
Adam, I got my new pads installed today, I'll be bedding them in tomarrow and going to the track to check them out, Thanks!!!!
Good luck have fun
Old 04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking about the XP12/10 combo for my '99 FRC with DRM/Quantum cooling ducts, SS flex-lines, ATE SuperBlue DOT4, and stock rotors & calipers - I'm doing SoloSprint on a track that is particularly hard on brakes without a lot of straight-away time to cool things off. Sessions are about 20 min each. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by darguy; 04-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Carbotech Performance Brakes

Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by darguy
I'm thinking about the XP12/10 combo for my '99 FRC with DRM/Quantum cooling ducts, SS flex-lines, ATE SuperBlue DOT4, and stock rotors & calipers - I'm doing SoloSprint on a track that is particularly hard on brakes without a lot of straight-away time to cool things off. Sessions are about 20 min each. What are your thoughts?

There are a bunch of us that run the XP12 front / XP10 rear combination on our C5Z06s.

Carbotech is a good company to work with, I give them way too much of my money each year.

-Kevin
Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by darguy

What tires are you running?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What tires are you running?
I've got fresh Nitto NT05's all around on C5 Z06 rims - 275's up front and 295's in back. No track only wheels/tires yet...

Quick Reply: Carbotech Performance Brakes