Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM VIR HPDE June 27/28 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:51 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Looks like I might be out. I went to load up the car, put both keys in the car, reset the TPMS, closed the door, and now I can't get back in the freakin' car! I tried to get a manual key made to get in through the trunk but apparently the system all the dealers use to retrieve the codes is down.
Damn Sean*%$#!@#

I also learned the hard way that the car will sometimes lock the doors when you set the TPMS. In my case it has never had anything to do with a low battery. I now always leave a window open. I would estimate it locks the doors 10%-20% of the time.

I've got to think someone will be able to help you get in the car.

Could you sign up for onstar and then have them unlock the car?

Dean
Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Yes mike. Our car. Second motor to let go at VIR
damn man sorry to hear
Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
It's been great, Tom. We've been terrorizing the Porsche guys!!!!

See everyone tomorrow afternoon.

Steve
haha bet their arm is getting tired, you and Lainey have a great safe time buddy
Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
It's been great, Tom. We've been terrorizing the Porsche guys!!!!

See everyone tomorrow afternoon.

Steve
No. You would NEVER DO THAT.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:38 AM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truck and trailer loaded. I think I got everything loaded but the kitchen sink. Cutting out from home in a few hours or so and see you guys at the hotel in a about 6 hours. That's my plan anyway.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Good Deal Howard

I am out of here now. Need to run some copies and off to the Track for a bit. Then the Hotel for Registration set up.

See you guys soon

Tom
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,408 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Got it open!!! Thanks everyone for your help. See y'all at the track.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Got it open!!! Thanks everyone for your help. See y'all at the track.
I was just reading before leaving and was going to come get you and just knock out a window!

Glad you are in.

See ya soon buddy.

Jim
Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I talked with Newlander last night and he needs some John Deere stickers and a 4:10 rear end for a 1963 Farmall! Can anyone deliver?

Jim
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like I might be out. I went to load up the car, put both keys in the car, reset the TPMS, closed the door, and now I can't get back in the freakin' car! I tried to get a manual key made to get in through the trunk but apparently the system all the dealers use to retrieve the codes is down.

I'm not clear how the car locked itself so it may be a dead battery if I can get myself back in. I managed to rig up a trickle charger to the fan power (I think) but so far the car door still won't open. The red light on the door isn't flashing but when I try to open it it glows read for a few seconds. Anyone have a clue (sorry to hijack the thread).

Anyway, last hope is to leave the charger on and try the dealer first thing in the morning again to see if GM is online again. Otherwise I'm out.
Sean,
Rock the car!!!! If you can get the FOB to move just a little bit, it will unlock the doors. At least that's what I read somewhere.
Good luck,
Jim
Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,416 Likes on 615 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Day one is down in the books and what a great day it was. Great to see so many old friends and great day for the track, especially the AM sessions with the overcast sky....

Looking forward to Tuesday..........

I love VIR
Old 06-27-2011, 09:45 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, we got a whole day in. Track was very good in my opinion. Looking forward to tomorrow, although a better chance of rain, but think positive.

I'm chilling out in my garage suite now.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1C5
Yes, we got a whole day in. Track was very good in my opinion. Looking forward to tomorrow, although a better chance of rain, but think positive.

I'm chilling out in my garage suite now.
Wish I was there. All hell broke loose at work today though, so would have been a very bad time to be away.

You are probably ok tomorrow until 1pm. Hope they re-arrange the schedule to get more early sessions in before then.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great driving, lots of friends and a track POS:

Fortunately my students, Jim and Lonnie, have taken pity on me and allowed me some laps driving their cars. Wish I could have "borrowed" a Camaro again...

Lots of traction, good visibility, plenty of run-out, very smooth and a beautiful setting. What a treat! Steve L really helped accelerate my learning curve on Sunday. Wish I had my car to explore the limits he showed me, though still glad to be here.

It was warm with relatively low humidity and no rain today. Hope our luck continues for tomorrow!

Dean
Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 PM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

Default Great Two Days

Just wanted to thank ya'll for two days of great entertainment. I was joined by several other members of our club to serve as volunteers. We worked the grid area both days and saw some great cars go by. Saw several folks I knew and made many new friends. I already have my laptop on speed dial to sign up next year. We will have to find another volunteer worker to replace me. (Though I'll always be a VOL.. UT that is)

A special thanks to PAINRACE for taking my wife on a ride, even though it was shortened by her need to possibly start auctioning Buicks. Luckily there were no Buicks to sell. He graciously took me on some laps, and I am very greatful for the opportunity. Thanks Jim!

A thanks also from me and our other volunteers for being patient until we learned the ropes and became better at getting you folks on the line.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kentz06
Lots of traction, good visibility, plenty of run-out, very smooth and a beautiful setting. Dean
Hey Dean, does Mike need to clean out the passenger seat in the Beast again, or maybe even replace it this time?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,416 Likes on 615 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Monday and Tuesday were just fantastic at VIR. Everything was just run so perfectly and the setting is the best we could ever dream of for an all Corvette HPDE......

Tom & Roc .. Great job as always

Everyone who lent a hand in this event deserves kudos for a terrific job and Tuesday was no picnic for anyone having grid duties, flag people and ANY workers, thanks to you ALL..

A few personal thank yous

Mike Nulander, Yvonne and myself want to thank you for making us both feel at home at the Nulander catering trailer, you are just too kind my friend!

Jamie Creel, I don't know how to thank you enough for all you did Tuesday, late afternoon helping me get my Z06 back into action for my last session. Your help was greatly appreciated and I will never forget it....

AND
Steve and Lanie Lanstra, I don't even know where to start with you two. Your help in so many ways (Starting with lugging my tires for me 400 miles each way) made this event 10 times more fun than it would have been without you BOTH...
Steve, when Yvonne rode with you in #23 it was just beyond her expectations. After her ride Monday see was ready to walk around the paddock Tuesday with one of my helmets and a sign "Have helmet with ride shotgun". When you asked her to ride along again Tuesday, she ran to my car and grabbed a helmet and we had her buckled in in no time.. Thanks for everything my friend! See you soon....

Great Event, Great time and great seeing so many friends whom I only see this one times each year..... See you all in 2012....

Get notified of new replies

To NCM VIR HPDE June 27/28 2011

Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

It was a great two days. No rain to speak of. I will be back again next year.

All went well except for someone in the tire wall on the next to the last session that I know of. My last session today started a few minutes late because of the car in the tire wall in the previous session. There was relatively few cars on the track (Red and Black Group) in my last session.

Thanks to Roc, Tom, all the NCM people and all involved for another super event.

I didn't instruct this year I chose to run in Black Group, I guess I'm getting old and need more free time between sessions, maybe next year. I wish NCM would allow instructors to take only one student.

Thanks again to all.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 301 Likes on 79 Posts

[QUOTE=USA1C5;1578001525]It was a great two days. No rain to speak of. I will be back again next year.

All went well except for someone in the tire wall on the next to the last session that I know of. My last session today started a few minutes late because of the car in the tire wall in the previous session. There was relatively few cars on the track (Red and Black Group) in my last session.

Thanks to Roc, Tom, all the NCM people and all involved for another super event.

I didn't instruct this year I chose to run in Black Group, I guess I'm getting old and need more free time between sessions, maybe next year. I wish NCM would allow instructors to take only one student.

Thanks again to all. [/QUOTE

That is something Rock should give some thought to, maybe half price for those that would instruct one student. It is tough with 2 students and your car, and the heat!! This may also be a way for NCM to get more instructors?? Just a thought. Thanks, to all for a great event. JD
Old 06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I won't miss this next year

Quick Reply: NCM VIR HPDE June 27/28 2011