Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narra @ ra 4/14&4/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like the VIR event is two weeks before the NASA event. Might instruct and come hang out. A few Viper buddies have been trying to get me to run NARRA for a bit.

Are NASA instructor credentials accepted?

Can you TT and instruct? Looks like they have a decent Hoosier contingency and TT-3 works out nicely for ST2 cars.

Last edited by travisnd; 04-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 PM
ukrbmw
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

July, weekend after 4th of July
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
Looks like the VIR event is two weeks before the NASA event. Might instruct and come hang out. A few Viper buddies have been trying to get me to run NARRA for a bit.

Are NASA instructor credentials accepted?

Can you TT and instruct? Looks like they have a decent Hoosier contingency and TT-3 works out nicely for ST2 cars.
You can TT and instruct. Email Rob Morrison for instructor info.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

VIR is same weekend NASA-SE is at Charlotte. I know which track I like better!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bags142

Nice to meet you and hope I did not hold you up to much!!

Ouch, where did that happen?
Sorry I couldn't get back over there to hang with you guys. My daughter liked your green track wheels a lot though! You seemed to be holding your own out there - now a couple of those Vipers - that is another story. Here is a quick vid. Just plain overrun the RX7. Thought he would be accelerating more and I was carrying too much speed to get underneath him. 100% my fault. Just glad I didn't touch wall, get sideways or hit anyone.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 AM
1stz51
Instructor

Originally Posted by waddisme
Sorry I couldn't get back over there to hang with you guys. My daughter liked your green track wheels a lot though! You seemed to be holding your own out there - now a couple of those Vipers - that is another story. Here is a quick vid. Just plain overrun the RX7. Thought he would be accelerating more and I was carrying too much speed to get underneath him. 100% my fault. Just glad I didn't touch wall, get sideways or hit anyone.

Wow!! yea he scared the crap outta me one time were I had to lift and brake comin down the hill into 12. I know I wasn't fast either, I even had to go over inside rumble strips on inside of 12 to avoid him once, but that was kinda fun and uneventful! A few of them vipers would give me a point by comin outta 7 and proceed to take off and wanna drag race

Last edited by 1stz51; 04-17-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme

No worries, and tell her I said THANKS! haha

And thanks, not my 1st time on a track, but 1st time at RA .. and I am still new to this. Yeah vipers don't like to give point by's! LMAO

Originally Posted by 1stz51
Wow!! yea he scared the crap outta me one time were I had to lift and brake comin down the hill into 12. I know I wasn't fast either, I even had to go over inside rumble strips on inside of 12 to avoid him once, but that was kinda fun and uneventful! A few of them vipers would give me a point by comin outta 7 and proceed to take off and wanna drag race
DITTO

And there are ~300 pics on NARRA fb page.

And here is a vid from a later session sunday where I think some others joined us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYyzL...1&feature=plcp

Last edited by bags142; 04-17-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Narra @ ra 4/14&4/15