Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Weekend at Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Z07coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great Weekend at Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska)

[/IMG][/IMG]
Last month I visited MPH for the first time. The weekend event was Guardrail Club track time, but a little new blood was welcomed. It was the best fun weekend since the Corvette World Tribute held at Road America in August, 2011. This is a shorter (2.15 mile) course and more technical course than RA, but loads of fun. It was certainly worth the 5 1/2 hour haul from Kansas City. The facility's first track events were held in 2006, and is in great condition today. All the folks I met were friendly and fun. We had plenty of track time and shared the track with several Rouch Mustangs, a very quick Viper, and at least a half dozen Corvettes (C4, C5 and C6). Among these were several Corvettes modified and tuned by Cody Jantz and crew from Harchelroad Motors (from Imperial & Wauneta, NE). With a few tips from Cody, as well as a bit of instruction by Lael Cleland to show me the correct line, and I was having lots of fun. This is in the same area of Nebraska that holds the Sandhills Open Road Challenge each August.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree with your assessment of MPH. I've attended the Harchelroad Motors Father's Day weekend track days there the past two years and have had a great time. MPH is a fun track, the staff is terrific and the Harchelroads are the best of hosts. I wish I was only 5 1/2 hours away (but not this time of year). I may make the trek out from San Diego again next June.

Quick Reply: Great Weekend at Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska)