Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess they read all the vented hood threads

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default I guess they read all the vented hood threads

Vented hood on the C7

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/specs/2014/
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not just a vented hood but there looks to be some ducting under the vent as well. I suspect it vents the air flow from in the front through the radiator and out the hood. If that's the case...very sweet.

I like the look...the back isn't that bad...I think it will grow on me.

Jay
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

There is also venting at the back wheels for the trans and axle.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The announcement said the radiator was leaning forward so air could come in through the grille and then exit through the hood after passing through the radiator. Just like the GT2 car and how several people have modded their C5s and C6s.

Bill
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordy M
There is also venting at the back wheels for the trans and axle.
http://m.autoblog.com/2013/01/13/201...&icid=art_next

The C7's profile is the same basic view that's been around since the C4, with one big exception ? the institution of a secondary side window, something not seen on a Corvette since 1962. The move was necessitated by air intakes mounted atop the rear fenders that feed the rear-mounted heat exchangers on automatic or Z51-equipped models (more on both in a moment). The ducts also mean the backlight is no longer a wraparound piece of glass, it's more flat and tapered. Otherwise, the side view is the same long dash-to-axle layout, albeit again, with more muscled contours to the skin, particularly in the body's lower third.
There are new vents in the extremities of the blacked-out bumper, too, all part of a massively reworked aerodynamics strategy that has been "blatantly lifted from the C6R" racecar.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Track-capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability.
Active handling (StabiliTrak stability control): A “competitive” setting is available in Sport and Track modes and is more suited for on-track conditions. It can also be disabled, giving the driver complete control
Traction control: Weather mode tailors traction control and engine torque for driving in inclement conditions
Performance Traction Management: Available in the Sport and Track modes and offers five settings of torque reduction and brake intervention for track driving.

Or the engineers learned from being at the NCM driving schools.

Last year Roc and I was asked to have a special 60-90 min time so the engineers could do a presentation on how the C7 was designed and built.

We should have several at the 2013 NCM HPDE at VIR the end of June 2013.

Get notified of new replies

To I guess they read all the vented hood threads

Quick Reply: I guess they read all the vented hood threads