Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5: Street Touring Unlimited (STU) Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Ramo7769
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 69autoXr
Andrew, put your car up on my trailer and you'll be able to torque them to 125+ ft-lb. They won't slip.

Can't remember exactly but I may have torqued mine to 150 when I did it.
Resurrecting to avoid having 100 threads about eccentrics.

I am running Borg Motorsports offset bushings and was using Van Steel camber plates, which I retained on the front of my car. But I'm trying to keep with eccentrics in the rear so I can get the camber close to equal left to right. I torqued the rear eccentrics to the spec of 107 (Set the torque wrench to 110 ft lb) and 2 events later, the eccentrics slipped evidenced by markings I made.

My right side has more camber than the left, so I was thinking of using the kit on the left side. and an eccentric on only one location. But, how much torque sauce have you wrenchers put on the eccentrics without negative ramifications? I will do at least the 125 ft lb spec of the front since it's the same damned bolt. But, anyone go higher than that? Otherwise, I'm thinking I'll just set the torque wrench to 135 to well account for error due to torque wrench or friction. ~25% higher torque perhaps is enough to keep from slipping.

Last edited by Ramo7769; 07-04-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Jackolafedon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine slipped at 3 different events and alignments over the first two years I ran mine. This past winter I set the alignment with the eccentrics. Then I ordered a 3/16 thick 1 foot square sheet of aluminum scrap off ebay. Cut out my own blocks and drilled them exactly to match where the eccentrics were. I used a 10$ digital caliper from harbor freight to measure it all up...worked like a charm. No slips and no overtorqued bolts or stretched threads.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Borg Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Try using Locktite on the back of the eccentrics and up the torque values.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:53 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

I have never slipped mine. On Hoosier's.

F the torque spec, tighten them as much as you can. And yes, a little Blue Loctite on the bolt isn't a bad idea.

Quick Reply: C5: Street Touring Unlimited (STU) Build Thread