Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Vitesse Throttle Controller

Any of you tech savvy road racing guru tried the Vitesse Throttle Controller?
Old 09-09-2015, 01:01 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by victorf
Any of you tech savvy road racing guru tried the Vitesse Throttle Controller?
Interesting concept, I guess. But I call BS. I'd also like to hear from someone who had the ***** to put one of these on their car. Website looks a little "fly-by-nighty" to me.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:23 PM
gunluvS14
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

IMO worthless product. All it does is alter the ramp up rate between pedal input vs actual TB opening rate. I much rather have more modulation on exit. Throttle is not an on/off switch
Old 09-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For the money it's not much extra to get a tune put on the car and they can alter the throttle curve if you wanted.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:31 PM
victorf
Drifting

For your reading pleasure from C6 Tech/Performance Subforum:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oller-wow.html
Old 09-09-2015, 02:32 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

I've always found these sort of mods and/or tuning practices to get "more throttle response" pretty goofy. If you have a stock TB/more or less stock car they tune the throttle to be more or less linear in power delivery with TC off or in comp mode (on the C5 at least). Why would you want it any other way? I don't get why anyone would want 90-100% of power at 50% throttle actuation-- it's not an on/off switch like another guy said. This is one big advantage of having an electronic throttle vs cable.

If you get a tune they should be able to fine tune this, plus normal driving/TC on vs TC off/comp mode should have different tables to reference, to allow for even more fine tuning.

Here's a snap of a C5Z06 tune, primary on the left, alternate (comp mode/tc off) on the right. Pedal position vs actual throttle blade percentage. If you do that maths of pedal position vs throttle AREA open, it should be much more linear in nature.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:41 PM
gunluvS14
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

read some of those posts, still think it is waste of money.
By theory you can map the entire throttle opening by just 20% of pedal travel and the remaining 80% are dead, still doesn't make the car faster. Majority of us still prefer to have linear modulation.

This is nothing new; back in the day with cable/wire driven TB, companies pushed out smaller or eccentric throttle pulley for marginally quicker opening. Similar concept happened in motorcycle market which they sell 1/4 turn throttle tube on the clip on.
BMW E46 M3 had different throttle map for their "M performance button" too.
All of them only give the driver a false sense of quicker opening.

Ultimately, throttle response has a lot to do with cam phase timing and intake track length. A certain improvement on throttle response is stay natural aspirated and have Individual throttle bodies.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:57 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by aaronc7
I've always found these sort of mods and/or tuning practices to get "more throttle response" pretty goofy. If you have a stock TB/more or less stock car they tune the throttle to be more or less linear in power delivery with TC off or in comp mode (on the C5 at least). Why would you want it any other way? I don't get why anyone would want 90-100% of power at 50% throttle actuation-- it's not an on/off switch like another guy said. This is one big advantage of having an electronic throttle vs cable.

If you get a tune they should be able to fine tune this, plus normal driving/TC on vs TC off/comp mode should have different tables to reference, to allow for even more fine tuning.

Here's a snap of a C5Z06 tune, primary on the left, alternate (comp mode/tc off) on the right. Pedal position vs actual throttle blade percentage. If you do that maths of pedal position vs throttle AREA open, it should be much more linear in nature.

I agree. Why mess with a throttle rate tricker when it can be done in the tune. It adds no power, just increases the rate the actuator motor opens the blade.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

sorry for the huge pic too, couldnt figure out how to get a small thumbnail version on here.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM
victorf
Drifting

Actually, your pics are not hug....just right....easy on my eyes!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:20 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

I have this installed. Everyone is correct in the sense there is no extra power, but the stock throttle mapping is not linear and this unit offers something a tune can't, which is on-the-fly adjustability. For example, I set it at SP3 around town, which feels about right for 1-to-1 throttle linearity, which I prefer to the stock setting. On the highway, I like SP 5 or 6, which provides a bit more aggressive mapping for easy cruising and passing adjustments. In traffic, I set it at ECO 1, which allows for easier transitions in stop-and-go (just slightly less aggressive than stock). SP0 maintains the stock mapping. Overall, there are 16 options in addition to stock to adjust the throttle response to your liking. I have a manual, but those with autos report downshifts are more responsive to throttle inputs.

It is an easy plug and play install, relatively inexpensive and works as advertised. I haven't used it on the track yet, but have done some practice heel-and-toe around town and the extra responsiveness at initial throttle tip-in is appreciated. It certainly doesn't turn the throttle into an on/off switch unless you want it to (SP 9 setting).
Old 09-09-2015, 09:38 PM
victorf
Drifting

Thanks for your inputs!

"Semper Paratus!" from a former "Sparky" - Vietnam era!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 AM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Thanks for your inputs!

"Semper Paratus!" from a former "Sparky" - Vietnam era!
Thank you for your service. I'm probably in my last few years (just went over 26). I decommissioned CHASE in 2011. She did a Vietnam tour and we had several former "Chasers" at the ceremony who were onboard for that deployment. Was great to hear their sea stories as we celebrated CHASE's nearly 44 years of service.

My apologies for the off-topic post....
Old 09-10-2015, 01:52 PM
victorf
Drifting

Semper Paratus! Thank you for your service!

Was on the Kukui for Search & Rescue covered the Pacific region....then volunteered for Vietnam on the Bering Strait...two tours in Vietnam....Bering Strait was given to the Philippine...Kukui decommissioned....4 years served...GI Bill put me back to school..

Sorry folks, Coasties reminiscent...

Hopefully, more input/insight on original subject.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Semper Paratus! Thank you for your service!

Was on the Kukui for Search & Rescue covered the Pacific region....then volunteered for Vietnam on the Bering Strait...two tours in Vietnam....Bering Strait was given to the Philippine...Kukui decommissioned....4 years served...GI Bill put me back to school..

Sorry folks, Coasties reminiscent...

Hopefully, more input/insight on original subject.

Sorry folks just one more... Believe it or not, I commissioned the "new" KUKUI in 1998. Was the first ops/nav/dive officer and was proud to carry on the namesake of your former cutter. Small world.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 PM
victorf
Drifting

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
Sorry folks just one more... Believe it or not, I commissioned the "new" KUKUI in 1998. Was the first ops/nav/dive officer and was proud to carry on the namesake of your former cutter. Small world.
Small world indeed! I went on board the new smaller Kukui, the old one was nearly 400' in length?

Semper Paratus

Now....what was this thread all about!???
Old 09-16-2015, 03:39 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Default controller

I have one, It does make the throttle more responsive, if you set it that way. For those who have not tried it, If you do a log of your commanded throttle input vs actual blade you will se a lag in response time, all this does is remove the response time, makes it feel like a drive by cable rather drive by wire. HP tuners doesn't recommend fooling with the settings for the DBW not sure if EFI live does it. bottom line is its a cool mod if u got 100 hanging around.
The following users liked this post:
victorf (09-18-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 03:47 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

May want to look at the Cow Booster. On sale now and works as advertized.
Thread here explains how.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ally-free.html

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller