C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 12:07 AM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

The Camaro guys are going nuts over this relatively inexpensive mod - not sure why no one here has posted anything (didn't see in search). Google it.

1st, no affiliation with this company at all.

Basically, this piece goes in line with oem accelerator harness and allows you to dial out lag, increase throttle input responsiveness (sport 1 - 9) or dial in less throttle response (E 1-7) for mileage/economy/valet effect. 0 is stock throttle response.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This piece at 5 and up is insane. 7 - 9 is instant throttle response. Drive on 5+ for 10 min and go back to 0 and it feels like you're trailering a boat.

Easy install if you can crawl under a dash and pull hush panel under driver dash, no CEL issues, $180, and shockingly effective.

Best mod for the money for sure. I am only passing this on due to my own sheer giddyness.

Last edited by Tact; 08-17-2015 at 05:38 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by WasVette:
Corvey-licious (11-03-2016), Proud Owner (01-11-2016), RobJoy (05-03-2018), UniqueDoug (09-19-2015), usr5000 (09-11-2016)

Popular Reply

01-20-2016, 09:08 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
My post is not unfounded as you say it is. I did not attack your product!
But I based my words on facts and personal experience.
I was also merely repeating what you told me on a personal phone call when I was shopping for a tune and read your post and called you. What I said on my post was merely repeating what you told me over our phone conversation. You also quoted me a price of $1000 for your tune and throttle boost package and you did tell me it could take as little
as a week, two tops if I didn't want to pay your $500 security deposit.
Why don't you act like a professional business, like the owners of the other products mention in these post, and keep your mouth shut and stay out of the members personal posts! Let the members come to their own decision, and quit trying to peddle your product! I cant count how many times you have butted into our posts. I'm personally sick of it.
Like many of the members have clearly said they all do the same thing,
It's matter of personal preference. SO BUT OUT!
Originally Posted by Proud Owner
Well said.

I was thinking the same thing... I was typing this ........Well said

I don't think he was attacking you at all.... I think he was just doesn't know you send a PCM out and charge a core till you get the original PCM back.....

Wow you have 250+ pcms laying around ... that's a lot to store...

Your always the only one on here trying to put others down.. Thinking you know everything ,,,,, You don't see the sprint booster on here you don't see the VTC guys on here trying to put you or your product down...

Why not just take the high road and move on.. Its like peanut butter and jelly,,, some like peanut butter and some like jelly.. and some like both...
Old 07-16-2015, 12:21 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

interesting... i do so love their disclaimer...

CAUTION:

Engine-related Performance Parts are intended for the experienced driver only. Our Throttle Controllers must not be used on public roads and in some cases may be restricted to closed course competition or Off Road use only.

(red color was added by me , its their words)
Old 07-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Not doubting your experience OP, but just curious as to how it works.

There's no 'lag' built in at the gas pedal -- all it is is a rheostat; actual response and throttle body plate opening is controlled by the ECM, beyond the reach of the Vitesse device.

I'm guessing it just changes Gas Pedal signal to simulate a higher value than actual?
30% gas pedal is reported as 50%
50% gas pedal is reported as 70%
70% gas pedal is reported as 90%
Etc

At the end, you're still at 100% max, so maybe it just front-loads the sensitivity to the first 1/2 of the gas pedal travel?
Old 07-16-2015, 02:58 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

maybe just get a good tune and get all that and more
Old 07-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Idle is set at 20%............according to my HPTuners oem read. Perhaps the unit raises those parameters like Kent stated.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

I have this unit in my corvette. When I had my camaro, I bought it and it was by far the best in throttle response. Its the same as the other throttle controller but a lot cheaper. I posted a thread a while back and it was shut down as Vitesse is not a sponsor.

My experience is that for those that think there is no delay, you don't know until you know. Trust me. There is a delay. With this unit, you can adjust it to your driving style. They're is about 9 settings and the highest setting is wild wicked, allowing the throttle blade to open fast. You can hear the intake breathing in a lot more air.

This unit also has a Eco mode. Where it limits the throttle body blade. So no matter how hard you step on it, it opens slowly to save on gas. Overall, it is a great mod and at a great price.
The following users liked this post:
MR_JLR (07-11-2017)
Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 PM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kent1999
Not doubting your experience OP, but just curious as to how it works.

There's no 'lag' built in at the gas pedal -- all it is is a rheostat; actual response and throttle body plate opening is controlled by the ECM, beyond the reach of the Vitesse device.

I'm guessing it just changes Gas Pedal signal to simulate a higher value than actual?
30% gas pedal is reported as 50%
50% gas pedal is reported as 70%
70% gas pedal is reported as 90%
Etc

At the end, you're still at 100% max, so maybe it just front-loads the sensitivity to the first 1/2 of the gas pedal travel?
Kent - Not sure. Your theory may be correct. I am reporting what manufacturer is stating. Lower rpm throttle sensitivity is dramatically increased.
It's doing something dramatic and I can really feel it vs most SOTP mods where it's mildly noticeable at best.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:33 PM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by orange rush
Seems it a bit like the Sprint Booster thats been around awhile...

but a bit cheaper. Does this thing really apply only to the auto guys?
Auto or manual; doesn't matter.

Last edited by Tact; 08-17-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:31 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Can't the throttle opening rate be changed in the tune?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:44 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

In before Chuck Cow.
Chuck CoW (03-09-2016)
Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by c5racr1
Can't the throttle opening rate be changed in the tune?
My understanding is there are limits to what you can do tune wise. There is a table that defines the relationship between the pedal position and throttle blade position (actually there are several, trucks use different ones for 4x4 mode, towing mode, etc.)

If I'm reading it right, I am surprised to see how much pedal movement it takes to really get to "wide open".

HP Tuners has a big warning on those tables that if you enter something that the TAC module doesn't like, you can brick your ECM permanently. I haven't had the ***** to try messing with them, although I really do want to speed it up a bit. I haven't had the nerve to try it though.

This type of box is very very common in the BMW world. A lot of the drive by wire BMW's have a horrible dead spot when you first start to push own the throttle.. so these types of boxes improve that quite a bit.

I'm sure all this is doing is manipulating the signal it receives from the throttle pedal to change the relationship from actual pedal position to what the ECM thinks the pedal position is.

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-17-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:27 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default The one, the only......CoW BOOSTER!

Originally Posted by schpenxel
In before Chuck Cow.

The one, the only......CoW BOOSTER!

CLICK HERE FOR CoW BOOSTER! INFO.

CoW BOOSTER! is much more powerful, adjustable, cheaper, and does not require mounting brackets, running wires, switches, etc.

The ECM is programmed and from that point nobody knows it there...Except the driver!

Call any time with questions.
Chuck CoW
Old 07-23-2015, 08:41 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

lol
Old 07-23-2015, 09:06 AM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcbarr25
I have this unit in my corvette. When I had my camaro, I bought it and it was by far the best in throttle response. Its the same as the other throttle controller but a lot cheaper. I posted a thread a while back and it was shut down as Vitesse is not a sponsor.

My experience is that for those that think there is no delay, you don't know until you know. Trust me. There is a delay. With this unit, you can adjust it to your driving style. They're is about 9 settings and the highest setting is wild wicked, allowing the throttle blade to open fast. You can hear the intake breathing in a lot more air.

This unit also has a Eco mode. Where it limits the throttle body blade. So no matter how hard you step on it, it opens slowly to save on gas. Overall, it is a great mod and at a great price.
So your saying you can install them in a Corvette? If so what years? Which one do you buy? do you have to modify anything?
Old 07-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Stock 2013 GS A6 setting. Here you can see that the default tables are set at a max value of 20% off-idle.

There are five tables that work in conjunction with TPS:

It is recommended NOT to tamper with these tables. Only an experienced tuner should modify them. :-/

Last edited by Speedforhire; 07-23-2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: .............typos!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:05 PM
cstapp99
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcbarr25

Just want to make sure I'm reading this right - the Camaro model would be a plug and play for the vette? 2012 LS3.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:21 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Originally Posted by cstapp99
Just want to make sure I'm reading this right - the Camaro model would be a plug and play for the vette? 2012 LS3.
Maybe you should look at their web site , youd have your answer an hour and a half ago.... Just sayin........... Sorry I had to ,,LOL

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 07-23-2015, 10:25 PM
cstapp99
Racer

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Maybe you should look at their web site , youd have your answer an hour and a half ago.... Just sayin........... Sorry I had to ,,LOL
I actually did look at the website an hour and a half ago during a meeting at work. I must have missed it. I'll have to look again. By the way, are you always this helpful? 😁
Bat66 (10-11-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:46 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Originally Posted by cstapp99
I actually did look at the website an hour and a half ago during a meeting at work. I must have missed it. I'll have to look again. By the way, are you always this helpful? ��
LOL Sorry man I had too...LOL
and yes they make one for our cars ....

For the price its almost worth it to try it out .....
Proud Owner (01-11-2016)
Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 PM
cstapp99
Racer

Originally Posted by ptroxx
LOL Sorry man I had too...LOL
and yes they make one for our cars ....

For the price its almost worth it to try it out .....
I almost feel like I have to try it for that price. I always have felt like the car has way more than what the throttle ratio allows.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!