C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:24 AM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Will do
Old 07-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry for those that asked questions and never got a reply from me. I was returning home from deployment. Been busy. As many of you can see, it does work for the corvette. Same plug for the pedal and it is a plug and plug thing. Multiple setting and it is a amazing.

I have it set to SP3 and it feels crazy.. SP9 is insane. It is worth it. Trust me. Anyways.. I stick mine next to the steering wheel where the convertible switch is at.

Hopefully you guys order this and see the throttle response we were missing
The following users liked this post:
Proud Owner (01-11-2016)
Old 07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
mbowers13
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WasVette
Sorry for poorly attached image!! Obviously don't do it very often.
Thank you so much! These past few days I've been wondering what would be a good place to mount it and that idea is perfect!
Old 07-29-2015, 11:17 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Sorry for poorly attached image!! Obviously don't do it very often.
Was that pic with the ignition on or off?
Old 07-29-2015, 03:21 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

It's worth the wait. It will feel like a different car! Here's a pic of display installed in ashtray location.
Originally Posted by mbowers13
Thank you so much! These past few days I've been wondering what would be a good place to mount it and that idea is perfect!
That's where I have mine mounted too. It's easy to mount with the wires completely hidden and the unit concealed behind the ashtray door.

I think this mod is perfect for the beginning modder or those of us who are at a point where there isn't anything economical left to do.

If you're on the fence about doing anything to your car or maybe just want to do a few minor bolt-ons, this is a perfect mod. Or if you're at a point where all of the big mods are done and there isn't anything left to do that wouldn't cost several thousands of dollars, this is perfect for you too because it will make you forget how used to the power you've become. If you know full well that you're about to do something big, FI, stroker, big N20 shot, etc., I would hold off on this and get your car built how you want it first. IMO this is perfect for the, I don't really want to mod crowd or a perfect "I'm bored" mod for the already heavily modded crowd. Either way it's enjoyable.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:11 AM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Was that pic with the ignition on or off?
Accessory on in that pic - powers up in accy, ign, or run. Turns off obviously when vehicle turned off.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:31 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Got mine today. Shipped Monday from NJ and arrived in Georgia today (Thursday). Really looking forward to getting it installed. Thanks for the tip on the installation location WasVette.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Got mine today. Shipped Monday from NJ and arrived in Georgia today (Thursday). Really looking forward to getting it installed. Thanks for the tip on the installation location WasVette.
Let me know how it goes.mine will be here tomorrow..
Old 07-31-2015, 09:47 AM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

You're very welcome - takes a minute to fish the wire but very convenient and out of site unless you're switching the setting. I don't switch often but shen I took for service I put in E4 which really de-sensitizes the throttle.

One other functionality note on the display is that it shows % of throttle engagement on the fly - so floored = 100, mild depression = 15, etc.

Enjoy your controller - you will laugh the first time you switvh to 5 or 6 and get on it.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:22 AM
JimmyS5600
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Will this controller improve response on a tuned LS3?
Old 07-31-2015, 02:07 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Accessory on in that pic - powers up in accy, ign, or run. Turns off obviously when vehicle turned off.
Thanks. I was hoping it wasn't on full time.

You're very welcome - takes a minute to fish the wire but very convenient and out of site unless you're switching the setting. I don't switch often but shen I took for service I put in E4 which really de-sensitizes the throttle.

One other functionality note on the display is that it shows % of throttle engagement on the fly - so floored = 100, mild depression = 15, etc.

Enjoy your controller - you will laugh the first time you switvh to 5 or 6 and get on it.
I know you're not in snow in Atlanta, but you do have rain. When you say de-sensitizes, I wonder if it'd help those traction issues.
Let's assume 100% no possible traction problems and the control set in E7. If you stab the pedal to the floor, does it just hesitate, as in wait and then go WOT or does it just take longer to get there, as in a gradual increase in power? If you watch the display, can you see it move from around 15% to 100% in a steady progression? If it does, can you estimate the length of time required?

Obviously, really poor traction and lots of available power means the driver needs to have a very tender foot to maintain control and that's why the OEM pedal movement to throttle blade relationship exists. The other devices on the market all change the relationship, but I suspect (and am hoping) that this one keeps the relationship and merely adjusts the time to speed up or slow down events.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:48 PM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Thanks. I was hoping it wasn't on full time.

I know you're not in snow in Atlanta, but you do have rain. When you say de-sensitizes, I wonder if it'd help those traction issues.
Let's assume 100% no possible traction problems and the control set in E7. If you stab the pedal to the floor, does it just hesitate, as in wait and then go WOT or does it just take longer to get there, as in a gradual increase in power? If you watch the display, can you see it move from around 15% to 100% in a steady progression? If it does, can you estimate the length of time required?

Obviously, really poor traction and lots of available power means the driver needs to have a very tender foot to maintain control and that's why the OEM pedal movement to throttle blade relationship exists. The other devices on the market all change the relationship, but I suspect (and am hoping) that this one keeps the relationship and merely adjusts the time to speed up or slow down events.
HOXXHO - I played with the TC some today in EC 7 and the best I can describe it is if you punch it to the floor it lags significantly for a second but then behaves as if WOT (but not like WOT in sport settings). However from 0 to about 50% throttle position where most driving occurs it limits it quite a bit (even at 45% not much get up and go). So, to your point, could possibly be another layer of safety in inclement weather.
Maybe others can chime in that have used more in the economy mode. I don't think I'll be there often. The 0 setting (stock) feels like economy now to me.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:24 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyS5600
Will this controller improve response on a tuned LS3?
This is a good question as many on here have a virtually stock car (headers, CAI) with a tune that has already increased throttle response.

So, would this controller not be needed because the tune already created a better throttle response or would it compliment a tuned LS3?
Old 07-31-2015, 04:50 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

I have a H/C/FAST LS2 and I still think this is a great mod. Not only that, I also have 4.10s which drastically improves low end driving. Even with my gears there is still a noticeable improvement with this controller. I don't think anyone would be disappointed.
The following 2 users liked this post by 5knives:
LightningBrett (04-19-2020), new 2 me (10-14-2019)
Old 07-31-2015, 05:29 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

This looks like a nice unit. I have an auto-blip installed and wondered if this would work with that as well. Sent an email to auto-blip for their thoughts. Definitely worth a look if they can work together.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:57 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

WasVette, when you installed yours in the ashtray area, did you have to pull up the console? I don't mind if so it's just a pain I wouldn't mind avoiding.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:43 AM
WasVette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

WasVette, when you installed yours in the ashtray area, did you have to pull up the console? I don't mind if so it's just a pain I wouldn't mind avoiding.
I'm with you on that. I had that pleasure when I replaced the head unit.
I did not pull the console or radio/ac dash bezel. I used a stiff piece of wire left over from a ballast swap to fish the controller display connector and wire down toward the bottom of the driver dash (taped on the wire). It might take you 5 min or 30 min but can be done with some patience. I mounted main controller brain under driver dash.
Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 08-01-2015, 10:02 AM
mbowers13
Drifting

I'm with you on that. I had that pleasure when I replaced the head unit.
I did not pull the console or radio/ac dash bezel. I used a stiff piece of wire left over from a ballast swap to fish the controller display connector and wire down toward the bottom of the driver dash (taped on the wire). It might take you 5 min or 30 min but can be done with some patience. I mounted main controller brain under driver dash.
Good luck!
I hoped that would work. Thanks man!!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:08 AM
ray_ray
Pro

Installed Mine yesterday..still have to figure out where i want to mount the unit..my thoughts on this throttle response. (first of all how quickly i forgot how bad our throttle response really is) . Started off with sp6 , never really got into the throttle just wanted to drive normal and see if i could tell a difference.the pedal was definatly more sensitive. After a few miles i jumped up to sp9 and wow here's where the difference is really noticeable. (Stopped got out and looked to make sure i was in my vette and not someone's else's car.) Very impressed with this unit can't beat the price..next i put it on e1 try out. Yep felt like it was driving a 1972 pinto..lol. I would have to say the unit does exactly as advertised..thanks for reading..Ray
Old 08-02-2015, 03:47 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Hi everyone, thought I'd share this. I initially tried the ashtray location but without pulling the console, I wasn't able to snake the wire so the door would close. Then I decided to use the ride control panel since mine doesn't have it. I took a small round file and notched out both the panel and the console it slides next to, then used the supplied double sided tape and secured it. I like the look of where it is. I still haven't used it but will soon. I still didn't remove the console, just pulled the side next to my right hip away far enough so I could push the controller under it.

The following users liked this post:
Proud Owner (01-11-2016)

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!