Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for LS7 dry sump opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 10:56 AM
AdamSwann
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for LS7 dry sump opinions

Hey guys,

Can't seem to find a lot of info on the forum about this, so I'm going to throw it out there.

Looking to add an auxiliary scavenge stage to my 06Z. Has an ERL/LG built engine, done by the previous owner-forum member and great guy.

Notice I have a lot of smoke out the pipe at WOT on the track and the common consensus seems to be adding an extra scavenge stage, it has the stock set up now. Car has an ARE tank and sump with the ports available for the extra stage.

I see belt drive auxiliary setups from ARE and AVIAID are available, it looks like the AVIAID is quite a bit less expensive.

Has anyone had experience with either of these and could offer insight or suggestions?

Thanks!
Adam
Old 03-13-2016, 10:24 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I seemed to have good luck with a high volume low pressure pump, along eith a better pickup and the aviad insert for the stock 08 tank. However, i didnt run hoosiers. It was fine for close to street tire lap record oiling though.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:49 AM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Talk to Gary Armstrong at Armstrong Race Engineering. He makes the best dry sump systmes in the world. You may have heard of his company as ARE. They have scavenge pumps etc. Jerry
Old 03-14-2016, 02:40 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Should be able to just get the pieces from either us or ARE. It would need the solid belt tensioner, the pump, pulleys, then you need a line from the pan to the pump and from the pump to the tank. The one line replaces the blue plug you see in the pan now. Depending on what you use for a line, most have had to grind part of the cradle away to allow proper clearance for the line.

If this is the car I am thinking about, I believe it has a low tension oil ring setup in it, which might be partially to do with it, and that could help it.

Last edited by Anthony @ LGMotorsports; 03-14-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:03 PM
ageshelin
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default re: Dry Sump

+1

Gary at ARE is great!

Anton

Originally Posted by jstout
Talk to Gary Armstrong at Armstrong Race Engineering. He makes the best dry sump systmes in the world. You may have heard of his company as ARE. They have scavenge pumps etc. Jerry

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for LS7 dry sump opinions

Quick Reply: Looking for LS7 dry sump opinions