Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Seats and Quick Release Steering wheel options

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 03:26 PM
alshirey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sparco Seats and Quick Release Steering wheel options

First of all, I want to make clear this is for a street car that I will still want to take on day trips AND also be able to do track days with....

I've been out of the loop for a bit and the last time I checked into this, the Corbeau A4 was the ONLY reclining seat option for the C5 vette. Sometime last year, I saw Corbeau introduced the Evolution X seat and even though it's a fixed back seat, they have the seat back set for a more comfortable position...so it works on the track and for a daily driver? Finally, I'm back looking at seat options and it might be a good thing that the Corbeau seats seem to be on back order because in my limited research I'm seeing Corvette Mods selling Sparco R100 seats. I have yet to contact them for confirmation but are these DIRECT FIT...or require a bunch of modifications to work. Because they are SO CLOSE in size....will the R600 seats fit? In addition to either of these, are there any other relatively inexpensive seats that will pull double duty (track days and road trips) that recline and cost under $1500 for the pair, with brackets, sliders and anything else required????

Next, I've been wanting to replace the gargantuan steering wheel with something smaller. Also thinking about getting a quick release hub? Is this typically only done in track day cars? Or am I just better off with an adapter and not worrying about removing the steering wheel. Is there any preference for anything over another or is it all pretty equal...brands off the top of my head seem to be the standards....Momo, Grant and Sparco.

Look forward to replies, suggestions and such. THANKS!
Old 07-06-2016, 03:46 PM
alshirey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumping this thinking someone can help me out....???
Old 07-06-2016, 08:00 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Can't help much on the seats as I used a fixed back Kirkey in my track car. One major caveat to be aware of in swapping out steering wheels - you will loose the airbag which is required under federal law. If your state has periodic vehicle inspection like VA does, no airbag is cause for failure. All federally mandated safety equipment must be in place - that goes for the stock 3 point belts too.

Get notified of new replies

To Sparco Seats and Quick Release Steering wheel options

Quick Reply: Sparco Seats and Quick Release Steering wheel options